Goblin Camp "Scar" Removal

Hey i know this is probably on a few peoples mind but in the future will the goblin camps “scar” on the surface be removed? Because if you get multiples of these in one game eventually when the performance problems are fixed and optimized to were we can have hundreds of hearthlings in a single town, these scars are going to get in the way of building the glorious city we all imagine in our heads, thank you for your time.

Example :

4 Likes

to be honest im not even sure why it has to be sunken in anyways… everything is flat anyways so why cant it just be put on the ground as is?

1 Like

I want this changed as well but for two reasons, one for same you listed but secondly it makes using the loot feature annoying as you cant loot everything around the camp and inside the camp at once, only or the other.

i wnat it removed as well it is so ugly :frowning:

i bet it is in the gm folder somewhere… the create raiding came is negative on ground i cant find it yet but the ppl that are better then me at code are sure to find it all u have to do is look and u can change alot in this game. ill keep looking for it cause it is ugly and i dont like it either.

If you hate it that much you can simply tweak goblin_raiding_camp_1.json so that it reads:

{
   "create_camp_info" : {
    "keep_grass" : true
  },
  "create_camp_info": {
5 Likes

well its just is all but ty @froggy!

Hello I am very new to this game please is there any way to fill in holes please. Thanks for taking time to read this

not yet but i believe it is planned eventually… possibly requiring the geomancer class

Hey there @Farli, welcome to the Discourse! Without modifying the game there is currently no way to remove the scar created by the Goblin Camps. If you are comfortable with modding, you can modify a file as suggested by @Froggy above to avoid the hole being made in the first place.

it doesnt have to be just goblin camp holes though… for example building then destroying roads leave holes and some maps start with holes on them… it would be nice to be able to fill them back up.

1 Like

Very true, I seem to remember a mod a bit back that allowed you to build a grass colored floor/road. Not perfect, but something…

that would be @Relyss’s lovely terrain slabs mod,

2 Likes

EI am not after filling goblin scars but holes I make buy mistake. Example I desided to outbuilding in one location only to find that builders can not finish building there so had to nick it down. And now there is a hole. That mod is cool. But can you not just have builds up one block with a step at front

you can do that if you want…just build the foundation manually and you can have them have a stair/multiple stairs to the house so it never needs to dig a hole in the ground.

So whenever a goblin camp spawns they always mine a layer of ground out. To me it kind of ruins the look of the game, especially when I have plans to build in that area later, or to set traps. Is there a way to regrow the natural grass or a way to put the earth back without it looking funny?

Hey there @shadymailman, couple of options you can try, check out the previous posts here! (BTW, welcome to the Discourse, didn’t get to say that in your first thread :smile:)

@jomaxro Thank you! You guys are amazing. Wonderful mod. Solves the issue completely. Once again, love the community here. Love the response time and how people pull together to solve problems. Will definitely be writing positive review on steam. Great job people.

3 Likes

I think the actual camps are fine, but I do agree with you that it does leave a horrible, brown patch of ground that makes your city look horrible. I reckon that you should be able to regrow the grass that used to be there or that the grass will re-grow over time. Just a quick not, I think that if we do keep the camps I think that their shape/organisation should be more randomised, they develop over time and that you can interact with the camps goblins more and not just kill them or give them random stuff for peace.

2 Likes

though you shouldn’t take this as a promise, tony did say on stream that he wants the geomancer to be able to have place-able grass.

1 Like