@SteveAdamo, Please reroute me if I am posting this in the wrong place.
I returned to SH today after several months of not playing. I played for a couple hours and wanted to dump a few thoughts that would really clean up the overall feel of the game and make it more playable. Some of these will certainly have been mentioned elsewhere, so again please moderate as necessary
- Graphics for when settlers sit to eat
- Settlers stuck inside building being built
- No paths, floors used as paths register as a “building”
- Broken fences (fences should be built like walls)
- If materials are not available for item in crafter queue - crafter should move to next item. (Perhaps a counter of all the items missing to be able to craft what is in the queue? Setting so that crafter automatically crafts the items that are dependencies first then the result?)
- Crash out on load of save game
- For pre-fabricated buildings, ability to remove unwanted items. ie. I crafted a reinforced door instead of a regular door I want to use but can’t replace the one in the setpiece. Really, these pre-set buildings period. Dining hall for example, if the settlers place certain items first they will block themselves from placing the remaining items and won’t ever place them – but then you can’t move items and place them manually since they are in that opacity mode waiting to be placed.
- Ability to have settlers break down/delete items/remove buildings
- Minimum stock crafting broken?
- Keybinding for game speed
All in all - I have seen massive improvements after the past couple months of being away. The classes are coming together. Things aren’t too cluttered and some of the most important elements are coming together.
All for now!