Game won't launch on new laptop

Hmm. You should be able to upload crash reports (but note that crash_reporter.exe is not the report itself, but a tool that was in the past used to report crashes). Are you using an anti-virus other than the built-in Windows one? Those can sometimes falsely block the game.

I am not sure if i have a anti virus running is there a way to check that?
Also i am so thankfull for all the help

When turning on the laptop for the first time, were you asked to login/ create an account with kapersky or mcafee
If yes you have one of those running
Or in the bottom right corner of the taskbar next ti the clock there should a group of icons, hover the mouse pointer over them one by one to see what software they are

I had mcsafe running and i deleted is but dint fix my game sadly enough

It is a really weird glitch for me cause if i press play for stonehearth it says its running but never show up and 4 seconds later it doesnt say it is running but only says that the green play button. I hope i explained it good

Can i upload maybe a screen record?

Try uninstalling, deleting all leftover files and then reinstalling the game

i did that like 5 times lol dint work
if i open my userID.json file i get a weird ID Number not a big file or something.

i meant the user_settings.json

Try plugging in a gamecontroller

Doesnt work either but however i can play the 32 bit version is that strange?

Im also having problems with this and none of the suggested fixes seem to work, I hope one of the devs sees this and can shed some light on the situation.

Hey, I donā€™t know if youā€™re still looking for a fix, I myself was looking for one because I had the same problem. As I was looking for a fix, I decided that since I couldnā€™t play the game anyways, Iā€™d try launching the beta versions, and that seems to work. If you go to properties, then click beta, there should be an option there that says legacy_vista - A19 only, no further support and no other version worked for me but that one did. Hope this helps! Also I donā€™t know if I posted this right, I havenā€™t used discourse before. Sorry!

After a long time, I suddenly had an urge to play Stonehearth again and installed it on my new laptop. Unfortunately, I was having a similar problem where I would get a black screen and hear music but that was it.

After some trial and error, I finally got the game to work for meā€¦ sort of.

I think the initial problem is that on Steam Workshop, I had subscribed to a bunch of mods. I had to unsubscribe to all of the mods and reinstall the game as is. Once I did that, the game would load up, although it would take awhile. I knew it worked because I would EVENTUALLY see the Radiant Entertainment logo and hear music. If I didnā€™t see the logo and the music came on, it didnā€™t work.

Once I have the game loaded up, I can click on Mods and THROUGH THE GAME, subscribe to mods, then click on ā€˜save and quitā€™, and then be able to play the game. Please note that the load time would be very long so feel free to walk away, do something, and then check in on the game. I only subscribed to the core ACE mod and the Clan Muramasa mod and it worked and thatā€™s all I am brave enough to try right now.

Now hereā€™s the kicker; once I stop playing the game and quit back out, the game will not work for me anymore. I have to uninstall the game, unsubscribe the mods, and delete everything but my saved game. Then I reinstall the game, run it, subscribe to the mods again, in order for me to get the game working again.

A massive pain but honestly, it takes less time to do that than the load time for the game.

I might not play on my laptop as much anymore and just use my wifeā€™s computer but I wrote this up to let people know what worked for me. Good luck!

This is extremely common and posted about a lot. Have you tried pressing F5 to reload the UI?

I have a HP laptop so F5 just turns off the sound for me. Not sure how else to manually reload the UI.

It comes from the key for refreshing a page in Chrome browser. You can try ā€œCtrl + Rā€, or ā€œCtrl + F5ā€ and see if those may work.

Or fn + F5
Laptops and wireles keyboards tend to have that key