Fighting Mechanics Need to be improved

So I just started Normal mode for the first time and on the like, 4th day or somewhere near there, everybody died from the skeletons and zombies at night, all the NPCs would do is run at the enemies by themselves, and you could not stop them, and when they take 3 quarters of damage they run about 4 feet away and then just turn around and charge back at them, I had it in Tower Defense Mode when this happened. Please fix, this game is very addicting.

1 Like

Devs are already working on a combat overhaul, I think that might be the Alpha 14 patch but don’t quote me on that. In the meantime, my workaround has been to create two Parties (you can find the icon on the far right of your toolbar), one for Soldiers and one for Civilians. When an attack happens, I’ll set the Civilians to Guard in an area far away from the battle, and I will set the Soldiers to Attack close to the enemy units.
The reason they run in and out of combat is because they’re set to defend the town, but often their Morale or Courage (or both) will be too low, so the enemy scares them away and they just take hits without defending themselves.

3 Likes

I would recommend getting footmen, but yes, I agree with you, the whole combat and fighting mechanics need to be improved.

1. As noted, if you don’t have a footman yet, you may want to look into that.
  2. Make sure you’re using the party system to set up attack and defend groups (the better to get important hearthlings – such as crafters – out of harm’s way in the event of an attack).
  3. Coming soon (really soon): an overhaul and enhancement of the combat system. (Also, moar monsters.)
3 Likes

Also (completely off topic), but I wanted to pop in and say welcome to the Discourse @DarkGamer_101 :smiley:!

1 Like

welcome to the discourse Dark Gamer!

1 Like