Epic Civ 5 Game, Anyone?

I’m not even sure what the DLC covers, tbh…

Still open for more people, so just say if you want to, and one of us will see it. or just add Man_Of_Ret via steem

i would love to, but i do not own civ 5… :cry:

however, on a related note however, im just about to purchase Elemental Fallen Enchantress Legendary Heroes (the latest standalone expansion)… :smile:

I’ve looked at that, haven’t been able to decide whether to get it though as I don’t think I’d play it much. Could be interesting though, although on a related matter if anyone has Civ4 and BTS then a game of FfH2 could be interesting.

Give me time, I was asleep!

@ManOfRet I would be up for it but it’s a case of finding the time … let me know when you’re thinking of playing and I’ll see!

Time zones are certainly an issue. I’m at GMT+10 so I miss I’d be better suited to games later in day for all you americans, shifts earlier as you go west towards europe though. So yeah for now anyone who wants to play the two main things we’d need to know are Times available/Timezone and what DLC you’ve got for the game, although I did notice weird stuff with that earlier so it’s mainly just whether you’ve got G&K or BNW.

1 Like

I have that game. Very entertaining. Civ with magic theme and more focus on turn based battles.

1 Like

gah want to play… need to re-install after epic windows fail… btw @Xavion i’m GMT +10 also.

@RoseyNineOneOne i have and muchly enjoy shogun co-op would love to make that happen sometime, just need to get my steam games re-installed

Im interested in a round although depending on what time zone I may not be able to play

I think we should start a tournament or something, we dont have to play for prizes and the only reward I need is the fact that I kicked your asses

Well, I am EST -5 (I think that’s Eastern time America…), so there’s that…
@Xavion That was fun last night! I’ve almost got a third city going on, and I’ve got the Great Library, so I should soon be able to start pounding away on that science… Anyway, I was about to go to bed when we got off! It was like 10:30 PM here… So yes, there is a bit of a discrepancy, isn’t there…

oh suuuuure… blame your complete ownage on the time disparities!

wait… why am i smack talking? :confused:

1 Like

Because you are who you are.

Edit: @SteveAdamo Liked this. YAAAAAAAAAAH!

1 Like

Hah! That’s where you are WRONG, good sir! I was actually quite enjoying being in second-to-last place…

Anyway, it’s only turn 40, so it’s still really early in the game.

1 Like

The Discourse Steam Group is a good way of finding out if people are online, although not whether they have civ but still. @ManOfRet I thought you were 3rd of 5 not 4th of 5, and I’d got confused for a second there, forgot that we played on quick since turn 40 is really quite early for 2 wonders and 3 cities, although the fact that we’re separated but what appears to be a giant barbarian filled snowy wasteland could slow down contact should be interesting.

Anybody wanna have another vinella one with me and my friend?

That was weird, could you actually see anything we were saying @Geoffers747? We’ve also discovered that joining mid game is horrible, and that the connection can be dodgy for unexplained reasons.

Hey!

I couldnt see anything, hence asking a couple of times if you were there :frowning:

It’s cool, we can play some other time unless you want to back out or something?

I unfortunately don’t have Civ 5 (yet. I can’t believe I didn’t just get it in Summer Sales. Gah) However @Xavion I mentioned elsewhere that I never got into Civ 4 but I’m in the middle of a fantastic game and would take you up on your previous challenge. I’m repping the UK too, just like @ManOfRet and @Geoffers747 but I’m available to play at most times. Don’t take me up if you don’t want to, but I just thought I’d hijack this thread to advertise ME.

I have no DLC :crying_cat_face: and it’s not connected through Steam, it’s on disc. Is that a problem?

It shouldn’t be, I’d say see if telling steam you’ve got it does anything though along with seriously considering getting BTS for it if you’ll keep using civ 4. Made the game so much better. I’m up for a game though, should still be able to make it work. Worst case would be something like hamachi and a lan game but I’m sure we could make it work.

I have no idea what I’m talking about. It was the complete edition so of course I have all the DLC, I’m so stupid. So yeah, Colonization, Warlords, and the aforementioned, Beyond the Sword. Admittedly barely played any Civ 4 and never played the DLC’s but I’m quite eager to try them. I’m gonna try and find the manual, as that might have a code in it. As it is, I don’t have a code so, as I realised halfway through my Steam Support question, there’s no point in me asking because I could so easily just be making it up. I’ll update you if I can find it, but it won’t be for probably about 18 hours.

P.s. whilst I know I aimed my initial post at @Xavion, that was only because I was fairly confident that he might be up for it. Very happy for anybody else to play too. :smile: