Eco - Minecraft for Education xD

In case you’ve missed it, they’ve updated their stretch goals. 200k would now be the criminal/PvP system. Short: There would be an option that would change the behaviour of laws. Instead of being enforced by the server (“You’ve reached the limit, you can’t chop down any more trees”), it would now be possible to break these laws. However, players may find out about it (by investigating or catching you red-handed). If they do, they can share this knowledge with others and in the end find and capture you. Depending on the severity (each law can have different severities), you either have to pay a fine, spend a certain amount in jail (RL-time), or you’re executed. That would mean there’s a police force, driven by players, that would run around and keep the server “safe”.

In other news, I’ve got access to the developer forums now and I’m really amazed! There’s all kind of people, there’s biologists, architects, electro engineers, all kind of programmers and administrators, professional software testers… It looks like a really great mix of people with various talents from around the world. The developers are quite present and interact with the community (answering questions and asking for input regarding the tools that will be used).

Also, I’ve got some news regarding those who can’t back right now: According to John in these forums, the campaign is “continued” after the Kickstarter is over, so it should be possible to upgrade pledges or buy those things later. However, it will be more expensive than right now. So if you are unsure about it, or don’t know whether it’s worth it right now, you can wait a while, but will probably have to pay more.

4 Likes