[Dev Blog] Farming and Other Mysteries

http://stonehearth.net/2014/03/18/desktop-tuesday-farming-and-other-mysteries/

7 Likes

as I said on the blog, time to n3rd out and soak this all up!! :smile:

thanks for another technical post @sdee!

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been slacking on ideas for my mod with whatā€™s in the game so far, but this gives me some ideas :smile:

2 Likes

Cool, I really enjoyed the post. Iā€™ve been making a new model for a mod building and I was wondering just yesterday how I could get a light effect.

1 Like

Excellent excellent,
These ā€œlight efectsā€ will go expertly with my robo mod!
once i get the time to mod againā€¦
Mua-ha-ha! >D

3 Likes

The lights are so pretty.

Now all we need is fairy lights in the trees and we have ourselves a romantic retreat - tourism is gonna be in the game right?

In all seriousness itā€™s gonna be great when all of these systems, albeit in their formative stages, make it into the game for us to tinker and play with.

3 Likes

the sparklesā€¦ they make me happyā€¦ ā€¦ ā€¦ the s-p-a-r-k-l-e-s

having the process spelled out from A to Z certainly makes modding less intimidating (thanks again @sdee)ā€¦ and the bonus credit is motivational! :smile:

3 Likes

Lights in trees? Sounds like my kinda thing! Maybe Iā€™ll add it in with the rainbow treesā€¦

1 Like

Lights in treesā€¦ for some reason I envisioned a christmas tree with sparkles as the starting banner.
This is absolutely motivating to dig into lua :smile:

1 Like

I can certainly see some tie-ins for the Candyland modā€¦ :smile:

1 Like

Candyland with christmas trees? Get on it, @Relyss!

Hey hey, donā€™t dream too much, the game crashes if I try to run the lightbushes mod, my computer canā€™t handle so many light sources. :cold_sweat: (even with a better implementation, I doubt my computer would succeed)
Perhaps I can try experimenting with effects on the camp standard meanwhileā€¦

2 Likes

Nice dev blog. I like the clear explanation of things I was wondering about. And the progress on farming :blush:.
Was the restriction to go below 2 hours of ā€˜renewable respawning timeā€™ removed? Or is that only in json files?

1 Like

i knowā€¦ iā€™m dying to toy around with that systemā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

We may have a Twilight fan hereā€¦

Contain him before he multiplies! :frowning:

1 Like

dear gawd, bite your tongue man!

shudders

resumes staring at the sparkles

1 Like

Why do you insist on desecrating our sanctuary?

3 Likes

Iā€™m sorry, Iā€™m sorry, I can make it up:

Better?

2 Likes

I find myself fairly excited by this farming preview. I am not sure why, but the thought of my blocky little settlers planting blocky little plants amuses me.

Maybe itā€™s early to ask, but what kinds of foods will we be able to grow? I ask mainly because I have the sudden desire to make a corn maze.

2 Likes