[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday, Stonehearth Alpha 3 in Limited Testing on Steam

Here and here you go you lovely folk.

No errors are being thrown up so I’m not really sure.

1 Like

Try this format for the mixinto:

"mixintos" : {
  "stonehearth/entities/plants/berry_bush/berry_bush.json" : [
     "file(/entities/lantern/lit_bushes.json)"
  ]

},

2 Likes

Were there some changes to mixintos because the mixinto in my mod is behaving like an override and I cant figure out why. Also whenever I craft one of the things that my mod adds it works fine until a worker places it into a stockpile then the game just crashes to desktop with no error messages in the Stonehearth log.

Well, knowing that stockpiles are giving problems now, that doesn’t surprise me.
Since when are your mods behaving like that? Is it since this release, or since some previous one?

Just since this release was working fine before and I didn’t make any changes with the exception of changing the target file path for the mixinto, as carpenter recipes are no longer in the entities file but now in the profession one. In game all of my mods recipes are there but none of the vanilla ones which is why its acting like an override.

This is … great!
hahaha

1 Like

I don’t believe so. Nihonjin works fine and the only changes I need to make were changing the carpenter recipe path and a line of lua for my lanterns.

Care to post your manifest and a sample mixinto file and maybe I can figure it out. Either that or a link to the smod.

I have just found what the problem was. My mixinto file was named the same as the file it was being mixed into, so both were called recipes.json, this wasn’t an issue before but now it seems if they are both called the same thing it automatically overrides it so I just had to change the name to fix the override issue.

I was also able to fix the issue that was causing the game to crash when things were placed into stockpiles, this was caused by my recipes using category names that the stockpile no longer recognizes, this may be why all Stonehearth furniture is under the “weapons” category when looking at the recipes so for now I will just have to change the category for all of them to weapons.

So these are a couple of new minor changes modders should just keep in mind to avoid such problems.

2 Likes

When studying the new en.json file I noticed (naturally) some new tags and things to translate. I use my simple program to compare the old en.json to the new one. (I name them en_r58 and en_r80 and so on to keep track of them). Before translating I open the old and the new to see “patch notes”, I expect to see a lot of orange colored lines (it means that a new tag is added, and translation will be missing in my any_language.json file). However, I noticed now that a lot of tags have changed names. So “show_stockpile_all” is now called “stockpile_all”, and like 30 more tags with the same change.

I don’t claim you to do anything wrong, just saying that I noticed a change in tag names for this section which makes a mess in my translation file :wink:

For the next version for my program I think I should have three columns to handle this kind of changes; “old_en.json” || “new_en.json” || “current_lang.json” so I can detect these changes and re-save according to the new format (discarding old tags automatically).

However, now is not the time for coding. Captain Morgan just told me to go to sleep! :blush:

4 Likes

awesome update, the balance for the crops is pretty good as well i had a small turnip field and a small and a larger corn field which worked out well for 2 farmer’s.

issues iv been having has been mostly with the interface and zoning. such as removing zones but then they still place stuff there. or the zones don’t place and so on.

another issue is that the tools fade out and cant be used unless they are moved to another stockpile and so it became permanent when they were supposedly in a stockpile that was not there.

oh the game also froze even tho i could still manipulate the camera a bit but nothing was moving so dunno what happened there.

I greatly look forward to the next updates ^.-.^

1 Like