[Dev Blog] Desktop Tuesday, Graphics Test v2 Released

Awesome, amazing, I love it guys.

This has pumped up my anticipation again. Is it just me? This thing is so slick. It runs so smooth, the camera movement, scrolling, the cloud shadows, day/night cycle, they are all subtleties that when put together come out as a real polished looking bit of software. My hat is off to team Radiant, excellent work, I can’t wait for Alpha.

One itsy bitsy little point, I have. It’s more like a suggestion for an improvement.

These:

I know that everything in Stonehearth is a square, or cube, but these just seem a bit too bland and out of place, even for Stone hearth. They could use some extra squares to break them up a bit. Similar to the edges of the mountains (which are beautiful by the way). That is my only point for this awesome little taste of Stonehearth.

Edit:
One question will the game support a full screen mode, as apposed to just a maximized window?

1 Like

I moved a post to a new topic: New Mario Game - Voxels?

In the Desktop Tuesday related to the terrain generator it was mentioned that the generator is still under development and that especially the hills / mountains will need some more work. I guess this is what we see here. There is not much “post processing” taking place on this elements yet which will (hopefully) change.

1 Like

the test is indeed very polished, and is much more “stable” than v1… at least on my end… :+1:

im going to hazard a guess and say “yes”… i would be surprised it we were forced into a windowed state… odds are we’ll have an options setting to toggle one way or the other…

Test V2 installs and runs smooth like butter here. (system info uploaded).

Question, how do you pan? Couldn’t get any keys to do the job…

i believe its shift + left-click?

2 Likes

Well you can try it my way by looking into the distance, zooming in, and then zooming out; you should find yourself over that area.

Alternatively you could be conventional and use the actual controls like @SteveAdamo points out …

1 Like

Getting z-fighting issues on trees - Although it wasn’t mentioned in the “known bugs” section, the note about fixing z-fighting on single models may mean they already know about multiple models, but thought I’d leave it here anyway just in case.

@Nentify was already reported as a bug. You can confirm it by liking.

1 Like

Should have used the search function! Thanks. ^^

1 Like

We all need to get used to the bug-reporting category I guess… so don’t worry :wink:.

2 Likes

indeed… it will take a bit of time, but it looks like we’re already off to a good start… :smile:

and by “bit of time”, i mean “@Geoffers747 will beat folks senseless until it sinks in”… so, win win!

2 Likes

What are we suppose to do with this test?

welcome aboard @Castlesrule! :smile:

nothing much really… just run it, and send your results (if you choose to do so) to radiant…

well, that and just ogle the purty graphics as well… :smile:

Thanks… and hi from ts castle.

1 Like

oh folks… you’re in for a treat! meet TSCastle, the creator of some monumental builds in Timber & Stone… :clap:

TSCastle : everyone
everyone : TSCastle

can’t wait to see what you cook up in SH my friend… :smiley:

2 Likes

if I try to double click , it opens a black window and closes after 1 second :frowning:
why?

hmm… could you try right-clicking and “run as administrator”? do you know if you any events in your system logs?

@Damiano_Anger this sounds like a “unknown” bug. Can you reproduce it? Maybe you can open a bug-report and share some details.

3 Likes

Just wanted to show some aliasing happening around the Kind Worker Lady Person. Yes, I occasionally Use Excessive Caps For Emphasis Instead of Proper Grammer and Things.

It happens only when she’s selected. The lines are dynamically generated and thus, aliased…statically generating outlines probably isn’t a choice, but I wonder if you could generate it as a halo on the polygon instead of the simple +N pixels thing that appears to be happening (and this probably shows just how ignorant of graphics programming that I am…but generating an extra layer to the polygon then eliminating the ‘not outline’ portion instead of outlining seems like it might work and be [relatively] fast).

Under king of “Not a big deal”: My first post.

Unfortunately, as a long time lurker, I can’t post images…here’s two:

http://imgur.com/EI1CP6c

http://imgur.com/4DdJGVP

P.S. You guys are amazing. This game is the most interesting concept I’ve seen in quite a while and I … eagerly await … each installment in the blog and stream! Keep being awesome; we’ll keep watching and waiting.

Two more, from a different angle. It’s most noticeable on the young lady because she moves…but you can see it on the trees too.

http://imgur.com/nx26v3j

http://imgur.com/rhkwdHe

2 Likes