Dev 2521 Save games corrupting

I’ve lost the ability to save and load games. The game runs fine until the first time I save and exit. The next time I load the game, that save file is corrupted immediately. No error window is popping up but the game immediately starts to lag and my processor usage/RAM usage climbs rapidly. I can’t access the esc menu after the first 5-10 seconds and have to close out of the game manually. The process must be closed from the task manager and continues to increase very quickly even after the game window has closed. If allowed to continue it eventually overwhelms the computer and needs a reboot. I’m going to attempt reinstalling the game.

Edit: Out of curiousity, I had Steam verify the integrity of the cache and it found one corrupted file. I couldn’t find a way to get it to tell me which file. Size was 9.1KB if that helps at all :
System: Win7 x64 home premium
Intel Core i7 @ 2.4GHz
12GB RAM
NVidia GTX650M w/ 1GB GRAM

I managed to get the game saving again, verifying the cache just told me there was an issue, the same file corrupted every time I started the game after it was fixed. After an initial reinstall of Dev 2521, it was still having issues so I went back in, deleted every trace of stonehearth and did a clean, fresh install. If it starts happening again I’ll post an update

I’m not sure if it’s a problem with my machine or something else nefarious going on. Each time I start my computer I need to delete and download stonehearth again. It behaves normally after that and appears to save games normally while the computer is active, loads normally. After I shut down for the night and restart next time it has the same bug back

To test I did a fresh install, started a game and immediately saved. Shut down stonehearth and then opened and reloaded the game. Everything went fine. Shut the game again, restarted the computer and it loads with no UI or action and stonehearth needs to be installed again

1 Like

Interesting! With any luck we’ve fixed the no UI/action one, but I’ll pass the data on in case restarting has something to do with creating the bug.

3 Likes

I’m in the process of dumping and reinstalling all of my drivers, just in case. If there’s any change I’ll post an update :slight_smile: Thanks, @sdee

1 Like

I reinstealled my Nvidia driver and after one test save/load it seems to be working. I checked my driver updates and Nvidia issued an update recently so I’m hoping it was just a bad driver. (crosses fingers and dives headfirst back into stonehearth)

3 Likes