Develop-2521 (x64) Engine error in get_expire_time, 2218 times

So this has happened to me once before, but it might have been an earlier version of Stonehearth, I’m not sure. Anyways, I just loaded up a new file, and on the 3rd or 4th day I began deconstructing a building so that I could rebuild it (as starting another building had prevented my builders from finishing the first, and they refused to go back). Once I got down to the floor under the beds, I tried to have them sent back to the stockpile, at which point all my workers quit working. This has happened before as well, so i just saved as a new file, and reloaded, which usually fixes that problem. However, about 3 seconds after reload (once the Hearthlings started working), The engine error dialogue box popped up, and began counting. So I went down, got a snack, and when I came back I took this screenshot (it had stopped counting up).

(and as I typed this, the game just crashed)

Steps to Reproduce: Occasionally, once I reload a file after non-responsive workers, I receive an ungodly number of Engine Errors

Expected Results: I expected to see the game pick up from where it left off, and continue to play as before the workers stopped

Actual Results: No apparent real changes in the performance of the game, except the reporting of an incredibly large number of Engine Errors

Game Version: 2521 (x64), no mods, clean install
System Information:
Windows 8.1, Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor, 8GB RAM, XFX Radeon R9 290X

Edit: loaded again, to determine which save file it was, and it happened again. Here’s the offending save file

2 Likes

Thanks for the report! I believe this was fixed in 2521 and only occurs if you load a game created prior to 2521.

Hmm. I just created the file this morning, and my Stonehearth launcher is showing me as playing 2521…

Ok. I’ll take a look. Thanks!

4 Likes