[Dear Tom] Live Stream 4PM PST - Feb 7th 2014

Possible, more than likely, at least given the way the team talk about modding the game, in that everything is possible. I imagine it would require a hell of a lot of work though, I mean you’re talking about a fully functional RPG set in Stonehearth … it wouldn’t really just be enough to take control of one person and roam around as the entire game is based around the city settlement - it would have to be an overhaul in some way. So, it’s more than likely doable, but would require a rather large effort to be playable.

I moved a post to an existing topic: Feb 7 2014 Live Stream [side discussions]

I may have missed seeing this being asked or even in a past topic, but here goes…

What are the ideas for enemies we’ll get to fight? There’s goblins and such, but will there be spiders? “Dragons” or lizards? Slimes?

Zombies,skeletons,trolls,rabbit people if you want to start a war with them, other human factions. etc.
Have all been announced.

Here is a good question I want Tom to answer for the community:

Dear Tom,

Is there an estimated date when will we see the ability to play as different races besides humans, such as Rabbit folk and Dwarves?

Oh and here is another question.

Dear Tom,

Is there an estimated date when Stonehearth multiplayer support is addded and is there a chance that servers will be added so you can play with others across the world, and how will Stonehearth servers work? Will they like Minecraft or Starbound servers where you will have to pay someone else to provide the server, or will you run the servers yourself?

And another one!

Dear Tom,

Will there be natural disasters and wheather?

And don’t forget this one!

Dear Tom,

When will the Kickstarter backers get their ingame pets, T-shirts, etc?

Wait!

Dear Tom,

How will farming work out? What workers do you need to farm goods?

Have you made any decisions yet on what will be the first creatures and hostile mobs to be coded and put into the Stonehearth world?

Also, I was curious about trees for the future. Will trees ever drop anything besides lumber (and possibly saplings)? I was wondering if you guys had ever considered making trees offer unusual, rare bonuses and surprises to spice up woodcutting duty (or any chore, for that matter). Maybe one drops a kite. Think of how happy those little people would be.

1 Like

With r34 out, can you provide an overview of more common examples for a “mod:alias”-syntax to access assets of Stonehearth? E.g. how to access the recipe-list of the carpenter?

2 Likes

Can you show us how to add to the carpenter’s recipe list from an external mod?

Is my question ^^

Can we please get access to the raw lua files as some sort of SDK?

Since unluac seems to break (and isn’t really comfortable either), even an “inofficial” download of the original lua files would be appreciated.

1 Like

I agree with you RP.

I just have this overwhelming urge to call you needy.

So needy,

28 more minutes to go!

Hmmm. It says that the channel has ben deleted when I click on the link.

edit: Aww, he didn’t answer my questions.

Hey @SteveAdamo, now that the livestream is over, can we shut this thread down?

I feel like we still need to save the sheep.

1 Like

I don’t think we typically do that… I’ll check the logs… would you mind merging your posts though? :wink:

how was the stream? we were out at dinner and missed the entire thing unfortunately…

1 Like

It was pretty fun Steve, got through quite a bit, about an hour and a half long :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It was pretty good. He remodeled the sheep and @RepeatPan went crazy and made a petition to convince the team to delete the new one and revive the old one. He even made a hashtag called #SaveTheSheep

1 Like

I didn’t make the hashtag, I think @Smokestacks started that.

Here is a nice hashtag I made.

.#KeepTheNewSheepForItIsBetter

excellent! will give it a watch tonight…

2 Likes

But the chat comments were still awesome.