Crash bug while loading

Title: Crash bug while loading

Summary: When I encountered a previously reported issue and was performing the workaround of saving and loading, the game crashed on me during the loading. I was still seeing the loading screen when it happened, so I saw no errors pop up.
On the upside, my random new-every-30-seconds wallpaper was on Stonehearth at the time, and I got it on video, too. Probably shouldn’t have mentioned that was just a 30-second coincidence…

Steps to reproduce: Wait until a citizen joins; confirm that the UI freeze has occurred (these steps perhaps optional, not sure if crash because of this or just saving/loading generally); save game; immediately load saved game.

Attachments:
stonehearth.log (54.7 KB)
gfx.log (too big to attach, so uploaded on Dropbox)
I have not started the game since the crash, so both of these files should be relevant still.

Very end of the video.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 114) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

ahh, @Phagocytosis… how I love your reports… :smile:

1 Like

Haha :slight_smile: well, more are coming. I made another video in order to ease the “steps to reproduce” and all that, currently uploading to YouTube.

1 Like

living up to that well earned title… I’m sure the team appreciates all these reports!

the floodgates have opened once more… :wink:

1 Like

I thought I’d better get in there quick before the other users snatch away all those tasty, juicy bugs! I’ve seen quite a bit of activity already, so quickly after the release! :open_mouth:

1 Like

Seen again in R118. This time not as clear from the video, but it does in fact end with a crash. Sorry, I forgot to copy/upload the log files before playing the game again this time.

End of video. Again, I was saving/loading as a result of the freeze UI bug.

well, I suppose that’s as good a confirmation as we’re going to get… :smile:

[tagged]

1 Like