Crash upon Loading from same Save

Summary:
It’s not 100% but sometimes when loading a new save to refresh the lua and etc the game will crash while trying to load the save.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Save New Game
  2. Load exact new save

Expected Results:
Load the save

Actual Results:
Crashed my game/lagged until crashed

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 18 Stable no mods

System Information:
DxDiag.txt (63.0 KB)

@TheDerpySupport, need more details here, please. When you next encounter this, please upload the save that caused the crash, your stonehearth.log (be sure to copy this before launching the game again), and the crash.dmp file.

Alright; It was about to crash this time but it didnt but i went ahead and wrote the bug report because it happened to me before. It may be something that happens on larger save files such as one with 20 hearthlings.

2 Likes

Just a few quick question,

• when the game crashes with the save and you start the game again can you still play that save?
  • how long do you play a game before you want to reload a savefile?
  • do you have autosave enabled?
  • Does the game crash also when you return to the main menu instead of reloading the savefile?

I’m asking this because i’ve had this issue before. When i took a look inside the crash.dmp it always showed a memory issue. In my case lowering the graphics, disabling autosave and limiting the times between reloads helped allot.

You might wanna have task manager open when you play the game so you can see if stonehearth is sudenly asking more of your system then it can deliver. I have noticed by using task manager that stonehearth uses more and more system resources the longer the game is running. Seeing its an alpha this could be because of a memory leak which the developers will fix over time. I don’t know if this is the case for you but it could atleast be something for you to try.

1 Like

@TheDerpySupport do you have the crash.dmp from when it crashed?

We’ve certainly had some reports about crashes while loading, I’ve also seen it sometimes when loading several times without restarting the game.

1. After restarting the client yes
  2. Depends on how soon the game starts to clutter on the little bar on the bottom right but usually at least a few hours.
  3. Yes I do
  4. Not that I’m aware of, it seems to have only happened when I try to load the save directly after saving