Crafting Queue Issues

Summary:
Crafter Hearthlings will not craft items if there is more than one item to craft in their queue - and sometimes won’t craft even if there is only one thing in their queue.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make sure you have the correct materials available.
  2. Open a crafting Hearthling’s build menu and add two different crafting tasks to their queue. (Example: have the Herbalist queue 4 health potions and 4 bandages.)
  3. Wait and watch.

Expected Results:

I expect the Hearthling to craft the items in the queue.

Actual Results:
75% of the time, the Hearthling seems to ignore the queue entirely and goes about other tasks like hauling or building, if applicable. The items in the queue are never built.

If I remove the items in the queue and add them one by one, they are usually built, but not always.

Notes:
Hearthlings also seem to get stuck on building queues if they run out of materials for the first thing in their queue, too. They should skip that item and build the next one, but they do not.

Reproducible 3 out of 4 times, 75%.

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
AF15
Mods: Brewery Mod, Cooks Mod, End Pieces Mod
(Bug also happens when no mods are installed.)

System Information:
Windows 10 64bit
Steam installation of the game updated to AF15

1 Like

I just want to confirm this, it happens regularly after a few hours on my save, no mods installed. I have no idea how to reproduce it though. (To me it happens a lot less than 25%, maybe 5%)

Workarounds include: Adding new (duplicate) tasks, promoting a new crafter of the same job.

is there enough storage space? they sometimes just put it on the ground but maby it is part of the problem? And yes they work the orders from top to bottom. You can switch the orders. The order they are working on turns green. If there is an issue they get a little ! on it :slightly_smiling:

Yes, there is more than enough storage space - I have 3 empty storage designations currently with everything checked. The best workaround I have found is placing more than one workbench and then micro-managing.