Mason & Blacksmith not completing crafts

Summary:
Mason and Blacksmith not following through with some of their crafts. The item highlights in the workshop, they may collect some of the ingredients, and then they change their minds and prioritize restocking items. When the problematic craft is removed from queue they will move on without issue, but the problematic craft causes the same issue upon adding to queue again.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Start new game
  2. Obtain both Mason & Blacksmith
  3. Play until they start not following through with orders

Expected Results: Hearthlings keep on keeping on with their jobs

Actual Results: In the attached save, Mason cannot craft the higher level worktable. Other items added to queue are crafted without issue once the workbench is removed from queue, but the worktable will cause the queue to freeze and the mason will opt to restock, eat, sleep, go idle over completing the workbench. The Blacksmith gets stuck the same way on copper, tin, and iron ingots. Other items can be crafted; remove the ingots from queue and he’ll make you a lovely bronze or iron mace, but those ingots are dead to him.

Notes: This happened with the Blacksmith in a prior game as well; I attributed it to a possible mod problem, removed all game-changing mods, and tried again. I’ll see if I can dig up that save file. That game was last played yesterday evening (6/30). In that instance, it was only one of two blacksmiths who had the issue - the other could continue to craft, but the first would highlight a queue item and then apparently forget she had agreed to do it. This prior game was Ascendancy; the uploaded save is Northern Alliance.

In the attached save file, the hearthlings also seem to have stopped building entirely. They will gladly harvest flowers or trees, and may restock items, but they won’t touch the building in progress despite being free and clear to do so (no missing paths, materials, etc.)

Additionally, this does not seem to be a computer issue. Saving, quitting, and reloading the game after several hours (+ a power outage and restarting computer) has no effect on the mason or blacksmith.

Please help because this effectively brings an otherwise lovely town to a grinding halt when I can’t make any further progress :frowning:

Attachments: 1530499048369.zip (6.1 MB)

Version Number and Mods in use: Beta R868, mods are the Vasedro building pack and the Prancing Pony Tavern building.

System Information: Windows 10, Intel core i7 processor, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860m

This happens when ingredients stop being available after the order is accepted. We should fix it so it gives up after a while, but in your savegame’s case, it’s because that order requires wood, and all your wood is in a chest which is behind another chest and is therefore inaccessible.

1 Like

Well don’t I feel smart now :joy::rofl::joy::rofl:

Maybe something flashing in the queue to let people know that the items are in stock but not accessible, or an exclamation point over the workbench in question?