[Con] Trapper Issues - Unable To Deselect, Causing Game Error

Title: So my game pinged up an error message. And I blame that pesky trapper for it.

Summary: So basically, my game went seriously wrong somewhere. I hadn’t actually played with a release containing the trapper before so forgive me if I have misunderstood mechanics, but as far as I could see, the trapper was broken right from the get go. I could tell him to move to somewhere, but he placed not one single trap for the animals. This quite frustrated me and I don’t know if I was doing it wrong (it was red when I tried to place it anywhere at all, wooded or open-space, near animals and not) but I could not place it at all. This was the first problem.

The second problem was that at some point, that I unfortunately didn’t notice, the game through a curveball at me. It refused to let me click off of him, and I permanently had him selected, unable to select chairs to be placed from the outbox or other workers, though commands like harvest did still work.

The third problem came when I told him to return home and empty his inventory, which up until that point I had not pressed. This is the only suspect I have for the next bug, which is probably best displayed in picture form:

Somehow I was just able to spam click banners. I don’t know what I did, but I decided to overdo it, because yolo. All I was doing was clicking constantly in that area. After getting about 10 or so, I stopped clicking. He then started to walk to most of them and they disappeared, which would be fine, except:

For some reason these two flags (the other is my town’s flag) decided to stick around since he never decided to walk to them. I believe one of them had been sticking around before the original and that was why I decided to spam flags, but the second definitely came from the flag spamming.

Then, to cement my problems, a couple of minutes later the game finally crashed. It didn’t crash-crash but it threw up this error:

I apologise that the writing is quite small, however I have the save file untouched since that error message available if anyone would like it.

Also note in the final picture the double stacked building plans :slight_smile: this was done a while before the error message so I don’t believe to be the cause, and the second house was never even attempted to be built, but the reason I’m not throwing up a bug report for it is that I’m gonna wait until Alpha 4 when constructions redone and it might be fixed. Thought it was amusing though :slight_smile:

Steps to reproduce:
I honestly have no idea. :disappointed:

Expected Results:
None of my problems?

Actual Results:
The game hates me :disappointed:

Notes: Apologies it’s perhaps not amazingly formatted but I didn’t think the normal format would be so useful for this particular bug report. :stuck_out_tongue:

Versions and Mods: Alpha 3 Latest Release, no mods

System Information:

• Acer Aspire E1-571
  • i5-3230M 2.6GHz
  • Intel HD Graphics 4000
  • 4 GB RAM
1 Like

wow @Smokestacks… you’re on a rampage today! :+1:

2 Likes

It was actually 3 days ago and I just had a large collection of screenshots, but with exams right around the corner I’ve been struggling to find the time to report them…I do hope that there wasn’t a release put out since then, else I’ll have to go edit all the posts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Similar to this?

Ooh maybe, definitely similar, can’t remember seeing a cross stuck on the ground and don’t think there was one, but I could very definitely be wrong. Certainly the inability to deselect him sounds similar. I don’t think I ever put the cross what I would consider too far away? I may have, but I don’t think I put it any further away than 10 or 15 blocks. May well be a similar issue though, good to see you found steps to repro…

Pretty simple bug actually. Whenever I have the trapper selected I’m unable to target any other character and am also unable to interact with anything else. The only way to fix this I’ve found is to save the game and then load it back up again, but if you select the trapper again you’ll be stuck. I haven’t had this problem with any other character.