Trapper "set trap" locking camera, allowing multiple destination points

Title: Trapper Still Causes Glitchy Behavior (apologies for the title, just don’t know how else to describe it)

Summary: As in the previous release, one can manage to permanently stick a red “X” to the ground, resulting in an inability to deselect the trapper, use mouse camera controls, and an overabundance of “move to” markers.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Promote a settler to trapper.
  2. Press “2” to set a trap on an animal that is too far away, so a red “X” appears
  3. Press “2” again, which should result in the “X” becoming stuck to the ground.

Expected Results: Trapper would move closer and then set a trap. Or possibly ignore the order.

Actual Results: Camera refused to respond to mouse commands, could not select other units, and the move to marker could be placed many times.

Notes: Sorry if this didn’t make much sense, it’s sort of difficult to describe exactly how it worked.

Attachments: here’s a video: YouTube timestamp at 5:30.

Versions and Mods: Alpha 2 r58, no mods

System Information: Windows 7, 64-bit OS, i7 processor, 8G of RAM

1 Like

Thanks for reporting :smile:
I don’t know which is worse, this behaviour you mentioned or when the game randomly closes without any warning nor trace left… :confused:

Indeed, I seemed to notice that occurring when I befriended an excessive number of animals, which may or may not be related! It’s sad though, they were so cute, and I just wanted to be their friend :cry:

that is a tough one to tackle… i did my best to tweak it… :smile:

as for the bug, should be fairly straightforward to repro… :+1:

calling @sdee!

1 Like

Thanks for applying your creative title-writing skills! Hopefully a video will make it clearer… if the internet… ever… sigh…

3 Likes

Chris and Tom just repro’d this; thanks for calling it out!

2 Likes

Thanks for letting us know! Hope this helped :smiley: