[Con] Animal stuck upon becoming pet

Title: Animal remaining after ‘harvesting’ by trapper

Summary: I watched the trapper harvest the raccoon, at which point the cage was gone and the trapper walked off, but the animal was still there. (I don’t think the animal dropped anything either, as I did not see the trapper pick anything up, although he did drop off some raccoon pelts when he returned… but those could have been from other raccoons.) Later on I saw a raccoon at that same place, thinking of food. I assume that was the same one, stuck in place. (Did not know they got hungry, though. What do they normally eat?)
A few seconds later, I got an error message.

Steps to reproduce: Well, just watch a trapper harvest a small woodland critter, I suppose. Then again, it probably doesn’t always happen, or I would have seen my trapping region littered with stuck-in-place creatures after a time, which I did not. Perhaps it’s because I had the camera on the animal at the time of harvesting? That’s the only difference I can think of.

Attachments:
15:21 for the harvesting; 15:31 for the error message; 22:59 is when I noticed the hungry animal again later on.

Versions and mods: No mods, latest release version in Steam at the time of writing, version 0.1.0 (release 114) according to the title screen.

System information:
Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3450 CPU @ 3.10GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.5GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
DirectX-version: DirectX 11
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660

Wow! I didn’t know that feature was in there! Your trapper has a tiny % chance of turning a trapped animal into a pet. But the pet stuff is still pretty broken right now. So… bugs!

2 Likes

Hurraaay!

Also nooo! That makes me feel even worse for the raccoon…

I’ll rename the topic to be more accurate based on this new information.

2 Likes

Ya can confirm this happpened to me as well.

2 Likes

This appears to of happened to me as well in the [R114] build. Also received an error box when clicking upon the Blue pet button in the bottom left

1 Like

This bug is now fixed and pets will be back in the next patch!

4 Likes

Fantastic! I love pets. And I won’t have to feel as bad for not getting any plushies either.

aww, i thought it was a hungry ghost, wouldnt that be depressing?