Community Translations: Volunteers (Overview)

well… welcome aboard @MrPolak33! :smile:

you’re name certainly cuts to the chase, doesnt it? :wink:

…Thanks for reply and yes :smiley:

Hi! My spanish is very good (because I live in Chile), and I think my english is ok too. So I would love to help translate :slight_smile:
For those that don’t know Chile is here:

2 Likes

Thanks @MrPolak33 and @theEPiK1, just added you for Polish and Spanish (as I think the devs might not need too much help with English :smiling_imp:).

1 Like

welcome to the International Collective… yes, i just named the group… but i leave it to @voxel_pirate to come up with a more creative name… :wink:

nope! me cover Englishe… me Englishe gud!

1 Like

Spanish team, add me on skype!

Sent request for skype. (My name is Eric K.)

Added @uzo70 to Team Denmark :wink:.

I can help with the Danish translation if needed ^^

1 Like

Hi, I’d like to be added to the french translators.
Thx

1 Like

@SniperWorms thx for volunteering. Just added you.

wow, they’re coming out of the woodworks! (pun slightly intended)

welcome aboard @SniperWorms! :smile:

Do you think Radiant have seen this yet? I really hope they don’t until they get sent file translations (assuming based on no knowledge that translators would translate the files then send them to Radiant who could release them officially at some point (again, assuming, correct me with how you see it as going down and don’t take anything for realzies)) and just read them and are like “What the? Why do we have 6 different sets of translated files in our hands? Discoooooourse!”

1 Like

@Smokestacks hehe… yes, would be nice. Let’s see how much effort the translation will take and if we will have “just one file” which needs translation (which would make it rather easy for sure).

1 Like

One thing I’m afraid of is if they have included some UI text in the sprites.
Then we’ll have to edit the sprites to change the text and find/create a font to keep the text in the same style.
That’s why I hope Radiant have already thought of a way to make our job easier.

P.S : After looking back at the crafting screenshot we got here I think the text isn’t part of the sprites.

@SniperWorms Yes, text should not be part of sprites. I cannot remember to have seen a picture where this was the case. Also Stephanie pointed out that they are quite aware of what it means to translate software (and she has some experience in it)… so I think / hope such pitfalls will be avoided.

Btw. thanks to @Sarhifigus we know which font is used for the text :wink:.

Nice.
Now we just have to wait and hope the text won’t be scattered in hundreds of files but it doesn’t appear to be the case hopefully.
See you when it is released then.

Hi there,

I can help with Brazilian Portuguese translation.

1 Like

Thank you for offering your help @eduardo. If you don’t mind I have added just added you.

Hi again,

I’ll be glad to help.
Can we split the Portuguese language in two?
Brazilian and European (from Portugal) portugueses are similar, but there are some minor differences on the writing and lots of false cognates between they.
If its ok, you already have the flag from Portugal, here comes our flag. (I searched for it on the same place and size of your other flags) I cant post images, so here is the link (just replace the initial bracket [ with chevron <).

[img src =‘http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/0/05/Flag_of_Brazil.svg/200px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png’ width=‘30’&gt> - BRAZILIAN PORTUGUESE

Thanks and see you soon.