Community Translations: Volunteers (Overview)

Agreed, but as we have done now (highlight our issues with various special symbols or letters) could be of help for Radiant. In case of the font used is not suitable for languages beyond english. So far most (all?) letters seems to work, but just look or behave strange…

The bottom line is that we want to be as prepared as possible before starting with the real work :blush:

I don’t know what tools would be required to do the translation work smoothly, never been involved in such work before. But since text is attached to structured labels I guess it shouldn’t be that hard to use already existing or create tools to create translated text files.

2 Likes

If I could get it working, I definitely plan to see if the following work in the font:

• Greek
  • Russian
  • Arabic
  • Chinese
  • Japanese
  • Korean
  • Thai

Are there any other languages that use a non-Latin alphabet that are likely to be used?

1 Like

I want to translate game into Russian for russian community, but cant use Cyrillic symbols

1 Like

This will give a better answer:

(found on Wikipedia)
So looks like we should have:

• Latin (extended!)
  • Greek
  • Cyrillic
  • Arabic
  • Hangul (+ Hanja?) (Korea)
  • Kana + Kanji (Japan)
  • Chinese Traditional and Simplified
  • Thai
1 Like

@voxel_pirate I can try to make a Hungarian translation if I can find the time for it :smiley:

1 Like

I moved 7 posts to an existing topic: How to support joint translation efforts?

@GreenBard & @Sp1ker I consider this volunteering… and just added you both to the overview :wink:.

I’m Norwegian.

And it just asked me to put more characters, suppose I just did that.

I moved 9 posts to an existing topic: How to support joint translation efforts?

I’m sorry if you consider this spam, but I know that I’m bad with checking new threads… I have enough problems keeping up with those I’m involved in, perhaps same for others :grin:

Well, for all of you translating people, you can try out (and bugtest) my translation program now. It can be found in the thread I created for it:

1 Like

@voxel pirate Hi ! I’m Sivenruot and you can add me in the French translation team.

1 Like

Avec plaisir… welcome on board :wink:.

Hey, I would love to translate the game into Czech. I might be able to find a few friends to help me.

2 Likes

Yay, a new language to be translated! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: I must say there is a lot of people who want to translate and languages that have people who are going to translate! :cake:

1 Like

hey there @Pawns… thanks for the offer, and welcome aboard! :smile:

paging @voxel_pirate… your flag adding skills are needed on aisle 6!

:+1:

2 Likes

Thx @Pawns, added a new language :wink:.

2 Likes

Would be willing to help out with Dutch, although there are probably too many of us already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

There is never something like enough volunteers… @Phagocytosis ;-).

2 Likes

I can also help u guys with dutch if needed

2 Likes

Thanks for joining the volunteers… added you to the list.