Class suggestions

@Sandwitch Yes and the magical crystal would have some sort of enchantment (or not) that could make one the hearthling’s attributes increase

If magic is ever implemented in the game I think it would be cool to include a runes crafter. His role in the game could be making buffs for weapons and tools. Example being adding elemental damage to a sword or increasing the productivity of farmers/ trappers tools. As for the other crafters maybe it increases the chance of creating fine items or completley new items. Just spit balling. Thoughts on this?

1 Like

Here’s one!

Maybe for the regular workers, there could be an option on him enchanting upgraded worker outfits that the Weaver makes. Enchanting it with a speed boost or more Muscle power on whichever hearthling is wearing the outfit.

here I made a class tree with a big part of the suggestions from this thread.
I added some of my own suggestions too.
I dont know how to show pictures so i’ll tell you the tree layout as I describe the classes.

workers: you can make workers do specific jobs, like hauling things, building of mining. To do this, you gtivbe them the digger, hauler of builder class. You do not need a talisman to do this. It is just a worker class that makes the heartling do a specific type of job.

citizens: a citizen is a hearthling that lives, eats an so on, but it dos not do work. this is because of whatever reason you’d want a heartling to not be able do anything (injured, pregnant, child or elder and so on). you cannot promote a hearthling to this class as the game uses this for game-mechanics.

spearmen: a spearman is promoted from a worker with a spear and can handle all weapons that need to be trown. this is the first tier of range fighter.

archers: an archer can shoot all kinds of things (using bows, slingshots, crossbows). he is promoted from a searman with a shingshot.

horsemen: give a footman a saddle and they’ll be able to ride a horse into battle (or a wolve, reindeer, unicorn or whatever you like)

guards: promoted from a swordman. self-explanatory.

fishermen: the water-variant of the trapper. Uses a net as talisman. for the rest is exactly like a trapper.

herders: an upgrade from the shepherd (using a lasso) that can have more kinds of animals. this class is obsolete if the devs decide to give the shepherd the ability to have more kinds of animals.

beekeepers: a beekeeper makes bee wax (for candles) and honey. who doesn’t like that. he is promoted from a trapper or fisherman.

animal trainers: promoted from a sheperd. he trains enemy or wild animals to be used for war or non-war related purposes.

stable masters: hold horses and other mounteble animals. he feeds them, breeds them and other related things. you need a shepherd and a lead to get a stable master.

butchers: upgraded from the hunter with a knife. The rest is self-explainatory.

treasure hunters: promoted with a spade from exorers or hunters.

explorers: promoted from a worker with binoculars. It is good at exploring darker area’s of your map at a faster pace than your avarage hearthling.

nurses: give workers an aid kit, let them become a nurse and they can heal small wounds from battles. they can also drag heavily injured slodiers out of battle to be healed by a doctor.

doctors: their talisman is a seringe. they can heal heavily injured hearthlings. they are promoted from nurses.

mulchers: they use a scoop to make animal poop and rotten food into fertilizer. promoted from a worker.

foresters/botanists: grow all plants that are not crops. They are mainly used to replant trees. they were farmers before you gave them an axe.

herbalists: make potions. You give a forester (they need to have experience with all kinds of herbs, right) a pot or glass bottle and they become a herbalist, who can make potions.

innkeeper: give a brewer an apron an he will become an innkeeeper. The innkeeper keeps an inn, of cousre, and therefore attracts merchants and other important people to your village, who might want to stay a little longer than a few days if they like it.

carriage builders: they make vehicles: boats, wagons minecarts and all those things. They cvan be pulled by horses and could be used to transport hearthlings and loot across your world at a faster pace.

sculptors: need to be a mason and need to get a mallet to become a sculpor. They make statues.

clockmakers: make all the machines, the gears, and all those pieces. They can make machines that are the more efficient versions of the basic workshops of each profession, so that making products on these workshops takes less time and resources, but the clockworker is a late game class. he is promoted from a carpenter.

potters: refine dirt into clay (used for clay buildings), they can also make flower pots, mugs, bricks and… all kinds of clay stuff. He is promoted from a worker by giving him an potters wire.

glassblowers: make all kinds of glass stuff. from lenzes to beer glasses and seringes. The are promoted from a potter with a glassblowers blowpipe.

tailors: make clothes, repair clothes and all that fun stuff. this class is an upgrade of the weavers class.

bards: bards will boost the morale of your village by singing songs around the campfire. Give workers an music instrument and they will become a bard.

merchant: bards can become a merchant, The merchant -with his bargaining skills- will bring down the prices of the stuff that other merchants sell when they visit.

cleric: make a bard into a cleric and they will fight with godly powers.

priest: the priest will can try to bring a dead hearthling back to life by praying the god(s). Give him a tumbstone and he will try. Wheter he succeeds depends on the minh stat that hearthling had, the lower the stat, the lower the chance that it’ll work. Besides that he also boosts the morale in your village. he is promoted from a cleric using a holy book.

wizard: is also promoted from the bard using a staff. He is a magic fighter and can enchant weapons.

architects: can save buuilding designs. You need a builder worker and a ruler.

looters: can rob enemy camps and, in battle, will choose seeking loot over fighting enemies. you need a hauler worker and a bag.

a transporter can drive vehicles pulled by horses and thus can transport hearthlings and stuff across your village. he is promoted from a hauler worker.

miners: can find and dig specific ore vains. they can also tell miners to dig where he tells them to, so you get the specific ore. you need a digger worker and a pickaxe.

the credits for each idea belong to those that have posted the idea above in this thread.

2 Likes

Class Name: Physician

Tool: syringe

Description: If people are getting ill or hurt the Physican will heal them.

Class name: engineer

Tool: Tools :smiley:

Description:

So i think its to easy at late game if u just need to build a wall and no monster can come in anymore. So why not make it that after 25 days or something like that really hard enemys will come which will break ur walls for example. and here comes the engineer into the play. He can repair the walls for half the cost. Also he can craft Steampunk stuff like Airships, water pipes etc.

Class name: forester

Tool: Hands :smiley:

Description: The Forester can plant trees, flowers etc. That way u can place trees where ever u want. Also u can plant flowers to have a nice garden. + U will never get out of stock (Wood). But it will take some days till a tree is complete.

Class name: trainer

Tool: idk

Description: a trainer will train the troops so they get even stronger and get exp a bit faster. to get a trainer one of ur soldier has to be atleast lv 5.

Class name: Wizard

Weapon: Staff

Description: He is a mighty mage with lets say 4-5 spells. He can use skills like fireball or ice shock. Later he could maybe do a jobchange and become a firemage,icemage,summoner. ( he needs to be atleast lv 10 for a jobchange). The same would count for soldiers.

class name: librarian

Tool: Book

Description: Thats interesting. the librarian is really smart and thats why he always find new technology. For example the engineer crafted everything thats possible for him. he cant craft anything else because he dont know how. now the librarian finds a (lets say recipe). he will give it the engineer and now he can craft a ballista for example. I think this would be cool :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Engineer is already planed… anyways. Where was I? Oh yes.
(This will be another one of my minor suggestions before I start using qubicle for these things)

The Taxedermist!

The taxedermist would do exactly what it sounds like… taxidermy!
Talisman: Needle and thread, made by the blacksmith (level 2); 1 steel and 1 thread.
Workshop: Sewing table? (I dunno)
What he does: He basically take animal pelts and uses them to make stuffed versions of animals. He can also make rugs and those thingeys you see on the walls. However, as a special feature, he can also use monster remains to make fake monsters! All his stuff doesn’t do much but increase net worth BUT, if a hearthling really struggled to take down, say, a bear, and you taxedermed it and put it in the tavern, then it would provide a boost in self-esteem and pride for that hearthling.

1 Like

Maybe extend the Smithy? I haven’t read all the 146 posts before me, i just tell my thoughts.

Maybe the normal smithy can go 2 ways: Weapon/armour blacksmith or arcanic/jewel blacksmith.
I think of
Blacksmith (base weapons, base armour and jewels, bronze to be concret with maybe rubins [which have to be implemented]
this fellow can advance to a weaponsmith (iron weapons and armour) and then to a armoursmith (steel weapons and armour)
This way it would be a real challenge to achieve steel things
or he can advance to a jewelcrafter (silver and let’s say saphires/smaragds, which can hold, in a hopefully [soon] implemented magic system magic power in the things he build) and then into a arcane smith.
in this “hooky spooky magic system” i think of somehow simmilar to eragon. that you can store “mana” in jewels - the better the stone, the more mana is stored. and the jewelsmith actually makes belts, rings, necklaces (maybe a crown) out of this.

also another classes:
the king (or queen)
have to be chosen in the beginning of a game and fastens working when near, buffs the soldiers, have an influence on courage when near and so on. If he dies another one has to be chosen.

trader
you designate a certain storage space, in where you define wares and their amount which you wanna sell or exchange. on command the trader goes on a trading mission, which can also fail. you can guard him and so on. would be nice i think:D would bring somehow of a medieval feeling with game mechanic instead of just build and dream about :smile:

and maybe some sort of scholar who does research? maybe on better/faster/newer buildings techniques or even unlock certain materials or architecture possible to built. i think of the discovery of static, gothic architechture. so that you get presamples of building a gothic cathedral when you unlock this tech.
But this of course would be like a landing on the sun in this game :smiley: i would love it.

Or a old trained and experienced soldier can become some sort of a military leader…on a horse ore mule :smiley: or mammut…or…idk. this would add another role playing component here.
But whis only would make sense if you start on a world as a small village with a bigger “mothertown/city” nearby…but also very far away. maybe this can be extendet to be some sort of strategy game. first you have 1 “mothercity”, big, well built, with everthing you dream about. you decide if you attack and burn it to the ground (or claim it as yours) and then the map got bigger and another town or two appear where you can decide. I know this isn’t stonehearth as it was invented right now. but… why not? why not make a sandbox strategy game out of it, where everthing depens on you…how you build your village, how thick the walls are, with who you hold diplomatic contact and with who you rather call for war…i would LOVE it. :smiley:

greetings from bavaria

Markus

2 Likes

fyi, armor smith and weapon smith are going to be upgrades to the current blacksmith in the future :smiley:

Well then…i haven’t wactched the dev streams right now and am into this game since a week or so…i haven’t known this. I just thought of the guilt 2…you know, somesort of that :smiley:

1 Like

they actually havent announced it officially, but the files for those jobs do exist.

[quote=“MarkusWindson, post:152, topic:3934”]
and am into this game since a week or so…
[/quote]welcome to the discourse :smile:

[quote=“MarkusWindson, post:152, topic:3934”]
i haven’t known this.
[/quote]not that many people know this actually, :wink:

1 Like

This Game is amazing, i thought about what i would like to see in it, so here is my idea (correct me if there is a suggestion thats similar to mine!!):

• a Mill: you can promote a hearthling and he will use the wheat to produce flour, this will be needed to bake bread.
  • Fisherman: A Job for your hearthlings, a lake near your buildings could be very useful to get more food, i woudl also love to see this Job animated in this beautiful game!

I Hope these are good ideas, just want to help with creative ideas, even if there is someone who already wrote about this!

the fisherman I’m pretty sure is already a planned job. as for the mill, while it’d technically be nice, there’s no point in having a hearthling that does nothing but turn wheat into flour. it’d be better to have one of the present jobs do that. as it is, there is - the cook. that’s not exactly realistic, but hey, it’s there. a better use would be the farmer, as the mill is already a farmer’s job anyway realistically. that way they would be using the mill if they aren’t harvesting crops/harvesting crops when they aren’t using the mill.

for the fisherman-part -> i hope so! :smile:

as for the mill, you are right, a full job just for that would be kinda useless. haven’t thought that one through… :smiley:

I also like the idea about the farmer using it, while he/she isn’t harvesting crops

so i would go for the mill only as a building, or is it possible to create something like a mill already??

edit: a watermill would also be kinda cool i think, in my opinion it would look very nice with a little river

These are just a few classes that I came up with inspired from my other post Crafted item designation & stored item moving

Assistants: Requires job class of any kind other than worker in village.
Must be then designated to a person with any job than worker and be called that in class description. (ex. Carpenter’s Assistant)

Description: This hearthling is now the assistant of said person. He/she will follow the hearthling wherever he/she goes, hand future needed items to, or next to the hearthling while they are crafting, and take whatever item they crafted/harvested/etc. to it’s rightful place.

Mailmen (name can be changed): No requirements

Desciption: this is the person who takes care of the storage of the village storage and move things where they need to be moved from and to (this class is based on my “specific inventories” & “move items from one inventory to another” ideas from my other post)

Those are my suggestions, say what you will and I hope you agree

hello everyone

everyone likes to fish in most Sandbox games

so i think if there comes a fishing system/class

plus maybe for the ( Monsters & Denizens )

a Sea/Water Race ? like the Naga/Murlocs which makes the Sea/Water a Dangerous place / yet a profitable place at the same time

makes more excitement / more Classes to choose from for living /food/treasure/drown boots ETC :smiley:

well that my suggestion ty everyone

Well it would sure be cool but making anything water-related is really hard mechanic-wise, and Tom was pretty skeptic about even making boats, so i think i am free to say that underwater/water race is not something we could expect. I like the idea nonetheless

1 Like

Why not add a wizard class that can help the player’s kingdom?I would like you to try to imagine wizards that could summon dead hearthlings to help you in battle, use life magic to make your crops grow faster, and bring hearthlings from another world that would help the player.So basically with a wizard in Stonehearth, things might be able to run more smoothly.Even though a wizard could make things run more smoothly, a wizard’s power could be abused and because of that i think that there should be a limit on the amount of wizards that the player can have.

Same as always, does anyone agree with me?

If this was already going to be added, I would like it if you told me in a reply to this topic.

Geomancers, I believe, are confirmed… and I suppose Magma Smiths are also somewhat magical. I have no clue what exactly magic will look like or what other branches of magic there will be, though. Honestly, I don’t think Radiant knows at this point either, besides Tom occasionally saying that they want magic to be rare.

3 Likes

Good BlockCrafter89

I think this was asked already, I don’t remember were this was, but I think this has already been addressed.

I don’t know if a mod is going to do something about this.

Anyway, what Coasterspaul has said, I do believe there is a Geomancer.

-Wizard Max-