Class suggestions

there will indeed be magic wielding classes, but the first form of ranged combat will come from the archer…

I can’t seem to get any search results on my phone right now (can’t wait till this thing is replaced!), but I know we have a thread or three on the subject … :smile:

2 Likes

Good Wizard Adamo!

It has been while since we have had a conversation about them newts!

I must say though, it is quite impressive, I as soon as I imply about authorities a mod popes up out of thin air! What sort of sorcery is this?

Your friendly,

-Wizard Max-

1 Like

You’re a wizard, Hearthling!

3 Likes

The ability to rais the dead was discussed in depth in

Also we aready have one wizard suggestion: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think there has been plenty of wizard and necromancy threads, I have made two myself

3 Likes

Polymorphing goblins to get some more sheep sounds like a fun idea

i just merged it with the good ol’ class suggestions topic.

Rather than just havinga general ‘worker’ class, could we have a few starter classes that we could ‘promote’ for free to change what their primary concern would be?

So in stead of just having worker, we could have a ‘gatherer’ a ‘builder’ etc

that way when it comes to none ‘profession’ class work, they wont get confused on what their job is.

So the gatherers would gather all the stuff of the ground, sort etc

builders main concern would be building,

workers, could be mainly miners ( even though I know there will be a mining class later)

this way our ‘workers’ may not conflict as much in what their job is. and wont just drop what they are doing to go say mine.

1 Like

hey there @Simica_Na, though i like the idea, it might be kinda useless when/if the task manager gets introduced, as you would be able to do just that with it. though i’m not 100% certain the task manager will come to fruition…

ahh I see, maybe it would take a little load off of a task manager? I dunno honestly I didnt know there was going to be a task manager lol

well i dont think it has been confirmed by TR, but they have acknowledged the thought of one…

@8BitCrab ahh I see.

1 Like

@Darkbleadx Maybe the engineer would fix your structures automatically using the template/blueprint you made, so you wouldn’t have to micromanage repairs as well as fights and everything else.

iv always thought that a fisherman would be a awesome thing to have in the game as a job. it would be really cool to build a fishing pole as the job object. kinda like the hunters knife or the carpenders saw.

Great ides, I think the game could really benefit a fisherman. There could be a high chance of this idea being used as well, because classes aren’t finished yet. It would allow a whole new line of food.

BTW check your spelling :wink: *profession

Hey!

I agree and love the idea of fisherman, There’s a few topics already out there discussing this idea and possible features,

http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/class-fisherman-well-thought-out-with-pictures/16857
This is the most recent, but there are a few more,
Either that one would help or this
http://discourse.stonehearth.net/t/class-suggestions/3934?source_topic_id=16857
I linked these cause this may need a merge and for you to read of course!

I too would love to see this, and I believe something is planned but only the future will tell.

1 Like

oh goodness, i’ve truly lost my mind, i thought i had already merged it earlier this morning! :confounded:

1 Like

someone who chops down trees and replants them in the world. just something i thought of that would make a cool and helpful job. please give me ur thoughts. and mr. crabs. please stop closing good ideas.

Are you referring to @8BitCrab? As far as I can remember, he’s never closed suggestions, just linked to similar ones in them or sometimes even merged them with older similar topics.

Speaking of which, unless you talk more about the gameplay rather than just the class itself, this will likely get merged into the class suggestion thread. [As did a much earlier, much longer suggestion thread on the forester that I found simply by searching the Discourse for “Forester”.]

If you want this as a standalone topic, it needs reason to be.

1 Like

hey there @the_jet_779,

we (the mods) like to keep one general thread for discussions on things like this, we dont actually just close them, but rather merge them with the older thread.

we do this to stop us from having 15 separate discussions about the same thing, instead all discussions of that thing are in one generalized thread and one discussion.

feel free to PM me with any further questions.

2 Likes