Chime's Voxel Creations

Sigh. I wish I was more artistic. And better at coding (used to work in visual pascal and C# a lot, but nothing especially graphical and it was a long time ago).

I really want to get into modding for SH but I doubt I have the skills :frowning:

(or the time - I have a 6-year-old…)

1 Like

It is not that hard to mod Stonehearth at all! well if you want some thing such as items, Sword etc PM me and I can tell you how! ( I am no good at coding and have no clue but modding SH is easy!)

~Wolf

2 Likes

@BloodW0lf is right, modding SH is easy, and there are plenty of tutorials on the discourse. Also since you already know how to program in one language learning a simpler language(such as lua) should be easier than if you had no experience at all. =]

2 Likes

Mod? What mod? That mod which we are supposed to keep quiet about and not railroad other people’s threads with? :wink: lol

3 Likes

@BrianNZ shameless plug: My tutorial on adding craftable items into SH

2 Likes

Love it!

Is there any way to edit the transparency of a model within the game world? The ‘ghost’ placeholder items are about 50% transparent until the real one is placed, so there should be an easy way to do it. I’d love to make some of my models transparent…

1 Like

I’ve tried several times to use the material of the old house blueprints (the translucid blue one) but to no avail… I was able to make the settlers look like those ghosts of placeholder items long ago, though…

4 Likes

Unfortunately that’s beyond my ability =[

1 Like

and this, yet again, makes my life a little more complete.

2 Likes

Those of us who were in the Stream tonight and got to see water for the first time can tell you that transparent voxels are definitely supported in the game…

5 Likes

Yup, I saw that too, Here’s hoping it can be applied to other stuff =]

2 Likes

I moved 10 posts to a new topic: Dev stream #18 comments

2 Likes

Here are some game pieces I designed last night, maybe for a TBS board game of some sort =]
Or maybe a DnD thingy… the possibilities are (semi)endless =D

I have some cool ideas for how it would work as a TBS, including a mechanized turn advancer/tracker which I am working on, and of course the rules will need ironed out. Now if only I had a 3d printer…

Anywho, I want your opinions on the style, right now each piece/tile has a voxel base of 8x8… but I’m thinking of changing it to 16x16… to get some more detail, what do you guys think?

Inspired by @Pepe’s work.

7 Likes