Pepe's little voxel & board game corner :]

Yay finally some more stuff to share about my board game! I’m way behind with updating the blog due some (…well how should i put this) serious distractions… Minecraft i’m looking at YOU! :wink: Nevertheless the game itself is developed a lot further and i can’t wait to reveal more.

update:

NEW BOARD RENDERINGS

So after quite some time of silence here i wanted to give you an insight on the further progress on our board game design. I’m not sure if i can keep up with the pace we develop our game, so updating the dev-blog will have some gaps in documenting our progress but the important milestones and ideas i’ll try to share. If you’d like to get to know more on a specific element, just let me know.

I made some larger board maps in Qubicle Constructor and rendered them in MAX 3DS. As working on the visualization of these maps i was thinking it should be possible to make some kind of digital map editor with this kind of tile system i have so far. I was thinking about this idea over the day and i already have some nice ideas so i’m looking forward to define more of this concept idea soon.

On the other hand i was on the look out for a software solution to do wireframe & diagramming designs. I’m pretty sure i will need to work with some kind of program that allows me to design quick and easy a lot of graphic content like tiles, boxes, icons, markers, text and stuff like that. So after narrow down the field i was in the end where i was expecting to land as a OSX user: Omni Graffle by omnigroup.
First of all, it’s quite expensive as you get similar software for free…but Omni Graffle does it all just perfect! It’s easy to use, has a very well designed UI and has tons of adjustment options. And i really like it if a program can deliver me fast results but i still have the options and control over my designs in the way i want to show them and not in the way as the program pre-defines the look & feel of my graphics. Besides that, i’m an avid Omni Focus user so i did know what i had to expect from omnigroup. Still you really don’t have to get such expensive software for prototyping in board game design, you even can go with MS Paint & Word and there also a plenty of well done solutions out there, also pretty good web or app based solutions for doing wireframe designs.

-> New Board Renderings | Gnarly Root Games

8 Likes