Cat Kingdom Mod - Purrfect Villagers!

@Kittyodoom just send me two altenatives:

What do you think? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer the vertical shaded eyes, mostly because they fit in better with the style of the other cats as well as Stonehearth’s own eye style. Both are expressive though, so well done @Kittyodoom for that!

3 Likes

The bottom picture is the best solution in my opinion. It fits the Stonehearth style, even though the top one might look more realistic…

1 Like

You two are right, mostly because I do not want the cats to have a general design style so unrelated to the current human models. You guys opened my eyes (pun intended) for this issue. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about this. <3

1 Like

Catnip
My first model of Wild Catnip Flower <3

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply! And also i couldn’t read all of that i’m a liiitle short on time right now

It does seem like a good idea! Animation does live up with little details like thees but as i stated above it will be a lot to do, as you know the animation library is huge, but if you’re willing to take it i’m sure there’d be no problem since it is just a tail after-all (and ears is it?)

For the tail model i’d suggest two or Tree segments (dependin on length) but you probably should start off with three and just not make a model for the third if the tail is short
The style i personally use is this

mermaid animations practice

This is from a mermaid i used and it follows the tail style of something like the squirrel in SH with it’s connected segments
There’s also the Harpy but i couldn’t find good shots of her

Also if you haven’t you should check out the tutorial i made here, it doesn’t give much info on the animation motions, but it should get you started

Sorry for the stiff tone and rushed writing, but i’m a little busy with things, so…
Out!

5 Likes

The first style is more realistic and looks awesome - good job @Kittyodoom!
However, the 2nd style - which also looks great, btw - fits better with the style of Stonehearth (as previously stated).

Now this, @Bella_Chatlotte, is what I was gunning at with my previous post with some crude 2D art in it.
A tail connected in segments. Looks amazing btw, @Hyrule_Symbol!

I think this segmented tail-construction will be the best for the general style of Stonehearth; I think it would also be “easier” for the modeller/animator.

1 Like

I guess I’m weird. I really like the top one but the bottom one creeps me out.

2 Likes

I think its because the top one is more natural.
It does look quite good in my opinion.

Hey guys! I need ideias for lore.

Right now, I’m working on a “kittenling-gypsy-theme” (but I can totally change if I find something more interesting than that). My boyfriend also suggested me to work on a Egyptian theme that I called “Bastet’s Descendants” (yep, the name is a rip-off of Rayya’s children, sorry for be so creative on names!) I liked the idea, mostly because I start imagine THIS as a version of the Stone Bunny God.

Back to the first idea: I even start to think of buildings and one of the gypsy-related things that crossed my mind: Traveling Houses!
Its a very interesting concept of housing, inspired on gypsies, but also on the Tiny House Movement, like this and that videos can show you.

So, I started to sketch on StoneVox, until I realize that I needed to see it ingame, properlly build as a building by the hearthlings, and also see how to built it on the current ingame building system.

Its a little bigger than I expected, but I don’t dislike it. The wheels are HUGE, and like most of you already know, hearthlings are 3 blocks high, so they look like a bunch of 4years old around this thing. Its cute and creepy at the same time.
As always, I want you to tell me what goes on your beautiful and creative minds! <3

7 Likes

Egyptian Theme sounds purr-fect in my opinion! (my first cat-pun EVER - did I do good?)
I guess a lot of inspiration could be taken from what’s already known about Bastet and such lore; this is, if you want to base your Hearthling-cats on real-life lore.

I also think an entire world of litter-box sand would make any cat happy! Maybe?

This theme sounds interesting and I think a lot of people would love to see some carts!
The thing about this - as you point out - is the fact that the wheels would be really big if built via the regular Building Editor.

I get a feeling more similar to a “western cart” than a “gypsy cart” - perhaps Western Cats would be for fitting due to the wheel size alone?
Western would also work with sand-theme, yes? But, I don’t know if it’s “easy” to get a western-y feeling without big hats; the bad thing about big hats would be that they block the cat-ears.

1 Like

I prefer the second one

Sorry, you mean the second cart (ingame version), or the second theme (Egyptian)?

1 Like

Take a look at this wagon i made for you @Bella_Chatlotte , maybe it can at least serve as inspiration? :slight_smile:
Download it from the template warehouse and have a look at it ingame.

Purrfect gypsy wagon by Spofeo

4 Likes

Now that looks more fitting as a “gypsy cat cart” imo - good job, @Fornjotr

2 Likes

Cat gypsies rolling around in giant carts.
Perfect!

1 Like

2 Likes

Lets say that “great minds think alike.” :rofl:

Can you even imagine the SMELL???

I do want just that: a well-set lore, with tons of already well-know images to use as references. But at the same time I want something fresh. I’m almost convincing myself that I can merge Egyptian and Gypsy on the same lore. Oh, and cats (very important to do not forget about them)!

NOPE. I still have nightmares with Westworld. Mostly because “everything in this world is magic, except to the magician”. Creepy!!
Nah, my real reason is simply that do a hat that looks good on kittenlings is HARD!

1 Like

In that case I think you’re on to something good!
Ah, yes, better not forget about the cats I suppose.

I… oh… uhm… how did I miss this?
I’ll just go hide in that corner over there now. For ever!

2 Likes

Nooooo, I need you! Come back! :rofl:

1 Like