Can't load save file

thats not necessarily the problem, just something i tossed out there that could possibly help TR track down this bugs origin :wink:

Ladder bug is fixed. We will hopefully push a patch in the next day or two. Thanks for the help!

5 Likes

Saw this in another topic,but still need help. Had a error when starting Stone Hearth in Steam. Deleted the user_settings.json, which allowed the game to start but now cannot load a saved game. Main screen comes up, choose load game, bar fills about 1/3 of the way, then it pops to the Radiant screen. Iā€™m not very computer savvy so detailed instructions would be greatly appreciated. .
We are using version 0.11.0 (release 453) x64 Build. Thanks!

Hello @Kat_13, welcome to the Discourse :smile:

Is the savefile that you are trying to load from a previous version or from release 453 too?

It sounds like either the savefile isnā€™t compatible, or it got corrupted.

This issue happened after you deleted the user_settings file, or did you delete it as a workaround because the save wasnā€™t loading?

(The user_settings does not have to do with the savefiles per se, and if you delete it it will be recreated once you restart the game, so thereā€™s no problem).

As this is a previous issue, could you zip and send the affected savefile (itā€™s a folder with several files, located inside C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games ) to support@radiant-entertainment.com and paste the link to this topic in the email?

Paging @Albert to check when you send it. It might be useful.

Also, do you recall having doing this?

I think this should work, so itā€™s better if the devs can take a look at your savefile just in case.

1 Like

Sorry for the delay, but to answer your question, yes, it is still a problem. In alpha 15, when I started up another game, I closed the game after saving and quiting to menu by clicking the red x and it didnā€™t let me continue the game after I logged back on. It does work if I go through all the normal steps of closing (save, quit to menu, exit game button), but if I stray from that path it doesnā€™t work next time I open the game.

Interesting. How long after clicking save did you click the red x? It is possible the game was closed before it was able to fully save the game.

Paging @Albert, he will likely have more questions for you.

When exiting after saving I would always save, wait for it to finish, and then close the menu and click the x. Also, when clicking the x from the main menu, I would save, exit to menu, and click the x.

I am having this problem also but it doesnt have Anything to do with ladders or building. When i save sometimes it gets stuck sometimes not but when i try to load it then it Goes to the radiant logo. Can anyone pls help me with this.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Game Goes to radiant logo screen when loading save