Can't grow tree in desert biom

i started a game in the desert and doesn’t have tree anymore i can’t harvest new one you NEED to make farmer grow acacia or we cant play in desert biome thank you P.S i love your game please don’t stop like every other company take care!!!

Wood in the desert is suppose to be super scarce and being able to farm it will make it just like any other biom

I think it’s okay in my opinion, though t’s super expensive, you can buy wood in the shops that stop by

And the accendency cab still grow saplings in the desert, which is probabbly to br removed later on

3 Likes

For RC? no thanks… I personally would rather a salesman have saplings for sale eventually. RC is all about, or should be anyway; trading. I took that to heart, and have not had much problems with wood. Not many products need it. Most things I generally buy if it is too much wood to make.

Scaffolding and what little wood is in the building style… That I can handle, as the Market Stalls you can get early on can be used daily to buy/sell for wood. Granted the only thing that is sold at the current ones is stone and wood.

Also note I have not cut down a single acacia tree, and more or less tore down every cactus and bush in the beginning. Well those that were not terribly long distance. I like building around those trees. :stuck_out_tongue: But that is my play style.

The desert with RC is knowing how to go about certain things differently than the AC(ascendancy), as they are different factions. I Rather like the fact AC gets saplings and RC doesn’t. That is one difference I can handle; since their are ways to get a continuous supply of wood, albeit trickle amount, but not truly needed unless you are trying to build the empire state building from the very beginning.;.

I guess what I am trying to say is start small and then when having decent amounts… I wouldn’t still build anything out of wood; building wise… I guess I rattled off a bit… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

IMO we should be able to plant all the different types of trees, not just oak

The mechanics for planting trees should be same for all games types. Currently, one thing I don’t like about RC starting is that it is a totally different game.

But I hope that is passing.

What I hope to see is : DIFFERENT map conditions (climate: sunlight, temperature, water level) which will create different results even with SAME basic game rules (e.g. like how plants grow).

iow, we have less trees in desert not because we “artificially” made it so (by taking away recipes/options). But because of the very simple fact that even children knows: there is a lot less water in deserts. But areas near oasises, which will have higher water levels, may actually behave similarly to regular forest maps.

Another related issue should be how crops/plants grow in general. I think we should allow any seeds to be planted anywhere. But just don’t expect them to actually grow in unsuitable areas (conditions). Add in other concerns like fertility which affects growth efficiency and farming will become its own game within a game.

(Crossing my fingers, keeping my hopes in check, virtual-staring at developers in a pleading gaze that could not be suppressed…) LOL

1 Like

"different results even with SAME basic game rules (e.g. like how plants grow).

iow, we have less trees in desert not because we “artificially” made it so (by taking away recipes/options). But because of the very simple fact that even children knows: there is a lot less water in deserts. But areas near oasises, which will have higher water levels, may actually behave similarly to regular forest maps.

Another related issue should be how crops/plants grow in general. I think we should allow any seeds to be planted anywhere. But just don’t expect them to actually grow in unsuitable areas (conditions). Add in other concerns like fertility which affects growth efficiency and farming will become its own game within a game."

well i feel like that would over complicate a relatively simplistic game.

level 5 farmer can plant saplings, even when playing rayia’s. Just level up you farmer and have them plant it.

inb4 not enough wood for a hoe :joy:

so why did you not start with one?

@EEEVIL: the traders visiting my town have them nearly always in stock - at a hefty price tag of 80g, though. I will suggest them to visit your town too, the next time they stop by :wink:

It was thought as a joke guys, pls…

I’d get it. That’s why there is a >> :wink: <<
Just thought, I could jump in on that joke of yours.