Can't craft elite gong

Summary: I beat the troops that appear when you “activate” the decorative scout gong, got their elite hat and can’t craft the elite gong now, and even though it shows me that i have the hat in my town’s inventory it says i don’t have it in the blacksmith’s crafting tab.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Beat the invasion that appears with the kobold scout gong

Expected Results:
Be able to craft the elite gong
Actual Results:
Not being able to craft it
Notes:
Maybe it just uses a different thing though it shows the right one to craft it
Version Number and Mods in use:
Alpha 17 release-584 (x64)
System Information:
Win 8.1 64-bit

Welcome to the forum, @Freakycrafter :slight_smile:

Are you sure you’re looking at the correct recipes and items?
If you hover over the ingredients a tooltip will appear with the name of the required hat. If you click on the item you have, it s name and description should appear in the unit frame (if it’s inside a crate or something, a tooltip will appear).

Well, yeah i was looking at the right recipes and i had the item in my inventory and now that i resumed playing it’s not in my inventory anymore and it’s not where it was dropped before…
I think the problem is that the item somehow just didn’t get registered or something and that’s the reason it’s gone now.
I hope that you can redo the scout event otherwise i’d have to start a new save…
Edit: apperently my smith just crafted it into the gong so yeah problem solved i guess.
Though it does seem somewhat weird that he didnt register the hat being in storage for such a long time (maybe he only crafted it because i loaded the save)

This is a common problem with all crafters.

Mostly, the crafting GUI only counts items in stockpiles, and when a crafter starts making anything they take the raw materials out of the stockpile, so the crafting GUI says there’s less items than there actually are (and does the “small red exclamation mark” thing, etc). It’s very confusing until you figure out what’s going on… :relaxed:

1 Like

A save-reload sometimes fixes this kind of bugs.
Although recently there’s been some other problems with crafters.
Don’t hesitate to tell us if you find these issues again, @Freakycrafter