Bugged talismans/furniture

I’ve been having trouble promoting a farmer to a cook. There were two spoons in a crate, inside a building but both farmers (one level 3 the other level 2) would ignore the command. Instead would carry on with their farming tasks. Both hearthlings have only been workers then farmers.

I demoted the level 2 farmer to a worker and still ignored the command, I then made another spoon (making sure it went in a standard stock pile). The ex-farmer then promptly picked it and promoted to the cook.

Hey @8BitCrab, this seems suspiciously like Bugged talismans/furniture

seems like it to me, i’ve merged em.

Hi there
I just fixed a bug in our code that was causing at least one version of this. It should fix old save games too. Look for it in the next update and let me know if there are more issues!
Thanks
-Yang

3 Likes

@wrath_lamp The one rug that refuses to be placed is actually stuck on the camp standard. If you build a ladder up to it, the hearthlings will place it.

Undeploy could use some work. Right now, undeploying an item is considered the same priority as picking up logs and putting them into storage. So you can imagine in a world with logs of stuff that isn’t in storage yet, the hearthlings might take awhile before they consider undeploying just by matter of there being too much to do. There might be something we can do here to make this better. Will look more into it.

Thanks
-Yang

2 Likes

my job has deployed me offshore, so i wont be able to check on this or any other bugs for a while. i hope everything goes well for you and your crew, and i’ll see you in a month.

is the knife in a stash or crate/chest?

if it is not in one of those it will not promote it

Yes, it was in a stash.

that is odd, have you tried to shift it to another stash? that might work?

How do you move the item between stashes?

Hey there @Scrunchi, that is definitely strange. Let me ask you a few questions:

1. You said it was in a “stash.” Do you mean a stockpile that you drew on the ground?
  2. When you tried to promote someone from the change jobs screen, the icon for trapper was colored and allowed you to click on it and then click promote?
  3. After trying to do the promotion, what the the citizen’s view say the Hearthling was doing?
  4. Does this happen on every game you have played, since the last update, or only the last 2 games?
  5. What version of the game are you playing?
  6. Do you have any mods installed?
  1. Stockpile, sorry.
  2. Yes, the trapper icon was blue like it was available.
  3. The view said the citizen was building, then restocking items.
  4. I have been able to reproduce this twice, with the two games I chose the trapper’s knife at the beginning. I have only tried to do this twice now.
  5. 0.12.0 release 472.
  6. No mods.

Going to try and replicate this myself. Normal or Peaceful game?

Normal game. I’ve tried promoting a different citizen too and none of them will promote to trapper with that starter knife.

Huh…just did 3 normal games…trapper promoted instantly when the game started. In the last one I tried making everyone build something before trying to promote him, and he still promoted fine…

If you have this happen again (in another game). Can you save immeidately (before you make a blacksmith and another knife) and upload the save here? That way @sdee or @yshan can take a look at it.

I’ll try it again. How do I upload a save?

In order to upload a save, upload the save folder from your computer (in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games by default if installed via Steam) to a cloud storage site like Dropbox or Google Drive, and then copy the sharing link here.

1 Like

Thanks, been messing with it a bit more-- just jumping in and promoting a citizen to trapper immediately is working fine. Not sure what about my normal gameplay is causing the issue yet.

Here’s my most recent save file that won’t promote: Dropbox - Link not found

(Did I do that right? The town name is Deerford)

Yep! Looks Good.

While working on my 3rd game, I could upgrade the trapper, but now I can’t use one of my farmer hoes to upgrade a Hearthling. Here is my save game with this issue:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/bczit9mo8inp2of/AADFaOCaniBRG4ddQJzXn1G7a?dl=0
I do feel like wonky talisman’s have been a thing in the past…let me see if I can dig up the right thread.

In the last two games I have started, I have chosen the trapper’s knife at the beginning. However, I can’t get the citizen to promote to trapper, even though the screen to approve the job change works. The citizen will just continue about his/her normal worker tasks. Once I have made a knife via the blacksmith, the citizen is able to be promoted to the trapper profession.