Blacksmith won't craft anything

Hi, i am sorry for bringing this super old thread back up, but i am stuck with this exact same issue right now… My idiot of a blacksmith is refusing to take any orders. It just says “creating” when the blacksmith himself is idle and not even picking up the resources he needs. He was completing orders just fine earlier, then he just stopped…

Did that investigating lead to anything?..

1 Like

Same issue I’m having at the moment… I’m on Alpha 19 r-687. It’s worth noting in other games I play the black smith functions normally but for some reason, it just stopped this time.

That’s certainly odd. Can you upload the save where this is occurring?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

1 Like

1483388967604.zip (6.1 MB)

Here is the saved data you asked for. Note that this saved file starts off with the BSmith working then going to gather ingredients to make more ingots and stops suddenly to do other things, after which he goes by the fire to relax though there are items in the queue.

Thanks for the save. I’ll take a look at it later today.

I had this problem, and then I realized my Blacksmith Shop was closed. Maybe your guys blacksmith sign glitched so even though it says open it is closed.

OK, here’s what I’ve found.

Looking at the blacksmith crafting queue, you can see that you only have 3 copper ore available. I searched your stockpiles and couldn’t find it. Looking further I discovered the 3 ore (pardon my horrid paint skills):

You’re blacksmith is “idle” because it is thinks there are ingredients to craft ingots with, but the pathfinder can’t reach them, so he just stops working. Building a ladder will solve the issue.

2 Likes

Sweet sassy molassy. I never would have found that. Thank you very much. Awesome job finding that… :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am having the same problem but I have all the required resources right next to the forge. I have tried all the recommended thing and still no luck. I am new to this so sorry if I didn’t do something right.

Welcome to the Discourse! No need to apologize.

Can you upload your save for review?

To upload a save, locate the folder in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\saved_games (assuming a default Steam install), zip the individual save’s folder (not the entire saved_games folder), and upload it. If the *.zip is less than 10 MB, feel free to upload it directly to the Discourse. If larger, please upload it to a cloud storage site like Dropbox, Google Drive, File Dropper, etc. and post the sharing link here.

It says I am to new to upload a file so here is a dropbox link

1 Like

Odd that it said you’re new - I bumped your permissions to allow the upload. Regardless, the zip is too big, so you would’ve needed Dropbox regardless. Taking a look now.

OK, simple fix. The copper ore is in the large crate in the mason’s house. However, the mason’s pedestal (the large stone crafting table with torches) is blocking access to the crate. Undeploy the pedestal and your blacksmith will work.

wow didn’t think it was so simple. Thank you so much and thanks for the quick response on such an old thread.

1 Like

No problem, that’s what we’re here for!

10 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hearthlings don’t resume crafting if they started (green item icon) and then ingredient becomes unavailable

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hearthlings don’t resume crafting if they started (green item icon) and then ingredient becomes unavailable

ah i see now, thanks a lot!

Hello.
when he tells the blacksmith to craft e.g. a bronze sword and I have all the necessary items, he collects the necessary items and goes, dig, build or put items in the warehouse.

hi guys sry do brings this back … read all posts and i have done everithing, i dont have ingredients bloqued, have all the stations available, and he keeps starting to collect but imideatly stops collecting ingredients … need help plz … cant atach new files … new useres error