Your wish is my command…
Anyway! Let’s get started with biome needs!
- New types of generation: Since you don’t normally find mountains in deserts, we’re going to need more kinds of generation, ranging from extra flat (deserts) to extra tall (Incan-like mountains).
- Temperature and weather: For making their a non-decorative, distinguishable difference in biomes temperature, so we can have/need wool coats for snowy areas and something lighter for deserts, as well as things like snow & drought.
- Water requirements for things like crops and animals: So that living in a desert has a different playstyle from that of the plains, and so that living in the plains is different from the mangrove.
- Biome specific animals: Lions for the Savannah, moose for the snowy areas, not to mention different sub-species, like the aggressive African bee bee-ing different than the humble honeybee.
- New buildings physics: Making snow/desert dainty, susceptible to gravity and weak, while the rough stone of the crags would be much stronger.
This last one is more of a request, really, but, later down the road of development, rather than having biomes sprinkled in with each other, could we have biomes specific to certain climate areas instead? So, for example, more towards the equator of our area map, we’d have tropical rain forest, while up north we could have the pine forest and moose.