Big (huge?) castle door

Despite a search, I’m unable to spot on the forum a huge castle door, something 8/10 blocks high.
Someone have or remember a thread about something similar? (Note I’m not searching for a portcullis but a big double door)

same here im kinda looking for the portcullis and the door but sadly did no find anything alike so far

Double door? Maybe just adjust the size of the current double door?
The portcullis one might be this one:

3 Likes

Tx Relyss and yep I though is changing the scale of an existing model but… well that won’t be ideal because then we are changing the scale between the world’s voxel and the objects’ voxel (btw, is this ratio 1/4? 1/5?) And for consistency I’d like to keep the same ratio…

Well I will try to do a model! Let’s see how hard is this… :sweat_smile:

maybe its an idea dunno if its poddible tho to make it the texture of the secure wooden door and the shape as the double door if that makes sense

First voxel model so be indulgent please! :sweat_smile:

Here is what I have so far with a free voxel editor:

The frame isn’t done yet.

Still I have to dig for the animation but I’ll try to do it directly in text I guess, after all it’s just some rotations and installing some fancy soft just for this seems too much…

7 Likes

wow, that’s gorgeous! this is honestly your first attempt at a model? :astonished:

5 Likes

Yep very first! But it’s a whole world I’m discovering and as I am on mac (SH run both on bootcamp and wine if I don’t want to switch) I need to find the good tools. For example from what I’m seeing in the streams whith Qubicle, I need a voxel editor handling “several” models in a single scene to be able to get all the elements in a single file.
So digging… :smile:

2 Likes

This looks great
did you mod before on another game or something because it rly looks like you did something alike before so if this rly is your first gratz i couldnt do it

Tx Sloth but yes is first try and perhaps it will be my last because I cannot find a proper tool on my platform! Quite incredible! :cold_sweat:

hmm ill have a look if i can find anything for you ur using mac right

maybe you could just use something like blender its difficult but it should work

Yes blender… will see.

I have imported a few things into the trial version of qubicle and I have a first important information, the scale between world voxel and object voxel is 1/10!

AND I can see my first model isn’t good, a bit too small and bad resolution compared to the existing models:

So now I have a better idea on how to proceed! :smile:

3 Likes

this looks amazing
did a really good job there

you should upload this as a mod maybe add a big portcullis type aswell and youd make a lot of people happy :stuck_out_tongue:

Size fixed; had to change a few things but that’s the idea. Could it be even bigger?

Now as I’m a bit in an impasse (cannot export in qb with the Qubicle trial) I will mockup a whole entry with portcullis and drawbridge to see how it looks!

3 Likes

cool this seems like its going to look epic

1 Like

there may be one or two kind souls on the forum who could help you out there… :smile:

2 Likes

Any goblins to try breaking in? Mouahahahhhh

:blush:

Ok, these pieces of software are lame: on one side, one very cool for modeling/coloring with excellent tools, nice real time rendering but no way to work “by layers” and can export in qb. On the other side, worst modeling/coloring tools ever, awful rendering, CAN work by layer but CANNOT export qb… This is crazy… :scream:

Ah and the worst, both are tied to a max 128x128x128 voxels zone as canvas to work on. Ridiculously small so no way to do easily a big mockup… :sleepy:

Modding is harsh, don’t know how you do guys!

5 Likes

Yes, I could upload something and ask someone to do the export but that’s not a solution, I need a “normal” workflow, else no way to work properly…