Being able to stack windows on walls

Hello! I was just starting out on trying to build my first little boxes and discovered the game wouldn’t let me put windows directly above one another on a wall. I had to build slab “walls” in order to do so. Is there any plans to make it so you can build windows in any configuration? (Or am I an idiot and there’s an easier way to do this I haven’t discovered?) Not being able to do so makes it hard to have gigantic window walls ^.^.

Thanks for your time, and thanks for the fun game!

4 Likes

Hey there @Pokeus, welcome to the Discourse :smiley:!

I seem to recall that there was a reason why windows weren’t stackable - perhaps @yshan can fill us in.

Windows shouldn’t be placeable on slab structures - I just tried it and failed.

Can you upload a template where you were able to accomplish this?

In order to upload a building template:

1. Save your build as a template in game.
  2. Open your game directory.
    Default location for a Steam install is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth
    Default location for a Humble install is:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Stonehearth\
  3. Navigate to the building templates stored in \saved_objects\stonehearth\building_templates
  4. Locate the .json file for your template. For example, if you wanted to upload the “Clay Dining Room” template, find clay dining room.json.
  5. If you created this template in a recent version, you will also have a .png, for bug fixing purposes this is not important and does not need to be included in the .zip.
  6. Compress the .json file to a .zip file.
  7. Right-click the file you wish to zip.
  8. Left click Send to.
  9. Left click Compressed (zipped) folder
  10. Hit Enter on your keyboard.
  11. Upload the file to this thread in the Discourse by clicking the upload button in the editor and navigating to the file, or drag the file into the editor with your mouse.

@jomaxro think he means free standing walls when he says slab walls :slight_smile:

@Pokeus dont think what you are looking for is currently an option. i would guess the option you are looking for is stacking windows on walls in several layers over several floor levels.