Bandit Clan [Faction]

amazing work!
slaver -> head hunter?

Are you suggesting a name? If so, no, because I think that just sounds a bit too tribal.

Its hard to think of some ‘bandit-esque’ games for a spearman.

i meant as progression to the slaver snd the footpad
also bowman could progress to stalker

Ah, well thats a decent idea, but again, its a bit too tribal.

I think Stalker would be good for a stealth-based crossbowmen, so thanks for the suggestion!

I think people are mistaken by the “Clan” title. Gives off a little tribal thing, i don’t know.

its seems to me like an old, experienced bandit
i really REALLY like this design!!!

Okay, last update for the night I think. Need to hit the hay. Gotta work tomorrow.

Here are three stealth units I’ve cooked up
From Left to Right: Bandit Scout, Bandit Infiltrator, Assassin (May rename to Stalker)

And from the back…

6 Likes

the colors on the assasing are really nice, but the game environment is very green (at least for now) so red wont be very stealthy.

I was thinking of a somewhat more city-like environment at night for him. But you are right. I may, when I wake up, do a recolor.

Anyways, g’night all.

I love the little touch of having the Infiltrator’s sword backwards. It increases the bad-ass factor by at least 10.

2 Likes

maybe he can change the colors of his clothes like a hameleon? :stuck_out_tongue:
good night

These are some great models, and I’m a bit late to the party with suggesting any alterations to the models, but the changes you did make, especially with the colours, are brilliant.

I do have a couple of class suggestions however, pay more attention to the names than the descriptions:

Apologies for these being mainly combat - I think bandits and combat go hand in hand!

Executioner: Heavy infantry class - wields a great axe or something similar, he’s the heavy hitter of your infantry.

Warlord: - Again could be a top infantry class, or could be responsible for organising your guys in combat and in building etc.

Bloodletter - Could be something coming off the thief class, an extremely quick melee unit skilled with dual weaponry, especially daggers.

Locksmith - (I know in reality these are completely different to a blacksmith) Could be the bandit version of the blacksmith? Or could be a new side alongside the blacksmith that opens up access to settlements, chests etc.

That’s all I have for now!

1 Like

nice class types @Geoffers747

particularly like this one… whereas the thief archetypes are usually all stealth and nimbleness, this one represents the “tank” of the clan… :+1:

Hi!! i’ve read this post, and i think that i can give some ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

I don’t see a main purpose for the clan, right now, it looks that they only have one purpose: Fighting.
And i’d like to know if they can make more things than fight; what about stealing? or blackmail, bribery, and other delictive things… or could them be treasure hunters?? also, are they playable? or will they be an AI that control them an their actions??

I’d like to know more about them, and what are they focused to do, and the lore behind the group, how they get together to start as badints… and things like that.

Right now I was just focused on working on the fighting classes. There will be workers, hunters, builders, etc. because I mean c’mon, they steal more jewels than food. They will have more types of classes, don’t you worry.

I don’t have a lick of coding knowledge, however, so if this will become a mod in the future, I have no idea. If their pre-built tools for modding are simple enough, definitely. I’d like to set them up as AI with modules before I make them player-run, because it may take a long time to flesh them out enough to be fun to play as.

And the last thing, I think I will right lore for this specific group, but if this becomes a mod, then well… the lore becomes up to the players. Unless they are fully controlled by AI, then they will just be a collection of bandits scattered about in small outposts and villages and raiding parties, but all walking under the same banner.

EDIT: Working on some new models. Keep your eyes open.

EDIT: I cooked up a miner. His colors are really dull because he’s supposed to be dusty and dirty from being, well, in a mine all day. I tried to make a decent lantern, but I wish transparent voxels were possible in Qubicle 3:

7 Likes

wow, you have really found a niche here my friend… this model looks great! love the detail in the face… the hand grasping a lantern… and our first modeled pickaxe? :+1:

very nicely done @RoseyNineOneOne

1 Like

mmm… its seems to me like he is too exposed for mining, if he is a slave it makes sence, but if not, in case that the mine collapses, or if he falls into a pit, he has no protaction (realistically speaking, i dont know if this would be able to happen in the game).
maybe you can give him gloves and leather armor? what about some ropes? just throwing ideas :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow, this is some really good work! can’t wait to see more.

I love that last model! I was going to rain down some compliments on you @RoseyNineOneOne but @SteveAdamo beat me to it!

NICE WORK! keep it up mate