Armor Stands & Item Displays (Decorations)

i dont know about you, but i dont hang my armor on a wall plaque :wink: my weapons on the other hand…

3 Likes

That model is EPIC! I would perhaps put a helmet/shield with two swords in a cross shape on top, but whatever floats your goat! :wink:

I might have a go at my own peice of decoration (just for a laugh xD)

That looks much like a dagger than a sword ?
Did you try to make it a bit longer (two sides) even though it goes beyond the limit ?

1 Like

i actually just used TR’s short sword model, not one of my custom models. so yes i could have used a larger sword but didnt feel like it, also hers’s a scale comparison of the plaque to a hearthling,

as you can see the plaque is quite large, so it kinda dwarfed the shortsword in the other picture.

1 Like

The scale is pretty good. From this point of view, the plate is big enough, indeed.
Would it work with a mass ? :smile:

Here’s a little something I made! I’m quite happy 'bout it too! It’s a wall mounted sword holder! :smiley:

1 Like

when we are it … are there any code to say in the json that it should only get for example light armor?

also like i know it should be possible via multi-qb to say that when for example the mannequinis a container for just armor to let the system change the image so the naked mannequin will be shown wearing an light armor when its full - so that you know ok this mannequin is full and i need a new naked ^^

2 Likes

alrighty, here’s my first pass at the weapon rack,

without weapons, somewhat plain looking, not sure i like it.

with weapons, looks much better when it has stuff on it, which i guess is really how you would see it most of the time.

next up will be the armor stand.

6 Likes

Keep it up !
However, I would see the hammer and the sword turned upside down :wink:

1 Like

huh? they are upside down… or did i just misunderstand you?

i did it that way because, unlike spears and pikes, you generally wouldn’t stand short weapons with the blade/head up, otherwise (among other reasons) they are harder to grab if you were in a rush.

2 Likes

Agree, that’s just a bit strange but logical.
If you want to stay in this logic, it would still be hard to take the hammer and the sword because the handle is too short :grin:

@8BitCrab Wow that is a good first pass on the mannequin; how I was somewhat imagining it. Of course I had the actual real life thing in mind. lol But that looks great for the hearthlings. Quite right that something about it does look a bit off. I keep staring at it to see just what it is…

On the note of the other 2 you have shown I think works well and quite what I had in mind. Although originally had in mind a smaller plaque, but that works just as well. As long as the items fit onto them and look nice on it I see nothing wrong with those. The weapon rack is exactly how I was thinking, don’t want to get cut while handing out the arsenal. :slight_smile:

Hmm… maybe the ears on the mannequin? Didn’t think the hearthlings had such outstretched ears. Do they? Looking at the imagine below with the plaque size comparison to hearthling I would have to size that might be one thing that doesn’t seem right. could be just a round ball shape on top, as some have been seen without ears, or shorten it by 1/2 roughly. Shorten, as in left right protrusions.

The rest of the mannequin looks quite right. :smiley:

@SpagBolChomper A very small torch like emplacement? Hmmm… Seems well in theory, although I’d imagine a spear would not look so well on that. Unless of course the spear went through and you see the ring part wrap around the middle of it. I can see that one working for shields as well, although you wouldn’t see much of the mount, but then again why would someone go out of there way to look at the mount rather than looking at what is mounted. lol

Looks rather well, but question is it a ring holding the sword, or is the tip of the hilt held in a cup?

2 Likes

i actually changed it do it doesnt have ears in my second pass :slightly_smiling: and yes, the hearthlings ears are that big, but generally there is hair to cover them up a bit more.

3 Likes

Ah ok. Wasn’t sure. And yeah I am sure it was mainly the ears on the mannequin that made it look odd. So that is good to hear. :slight_smile:

1 Like

i think he miss a belly button :wink: show me your mighty powers :smiley:

i tried with the belly button, it looked rather creepy and too much like an actual hearthling, so i removed that i changed the body slightly to look a bit less humanoid.

2 Likes

and here’s my twentieth first pass at an armor stand,

very, very, very ugly, i know. but its the best i could get for the moment,

it looks better with armor on it, but thats because you only see the “head” of it… originally the stand was all in the iron colors, but when you put iron armor on it…well, it looked odd to say the least, and when i made a completely wooden version it also looked strange.

this one will definitely be getting redo, but i was tired of failing over and over again so i said it was good enough for now.

i’ll upload any further versions of these models in my actual voxel model thread, so i stop cluttering this one with my useless pictures and such…

5 Likes

Yeah does look a bit odd. The way I had invisioned at least the first default type was without the head piece. that way it would look different from the Mannequin in the fact that it is armor display.

Of course Originally was thinking something similar to a cross shape post with legs. Not having body or head like the mannequin. After all armor, especially heavy armor usually keeps its’ shape, and cloth like items need that extra bit to hold its’ shape. That would be the reasoning for my thoughts in design.

Wooden post with metal brackets at the cross sections that the post and leg bit of wood would intersect. Rough description in what I had in mind.

And it is fine, but I’ll go follow that other thread of yours so I can keep a good look, as your attempts and design are really good. :slight_smile:

After all it is relavent to the topic, and shows a bit of what could possibly be the representation of what was in mind when I wrote it. :smiley:

1 Like

the reason i kept the head was for helmets, but it wasn’t till later last night that i remembered stonehearth doens’t have helmets anymore :laughing:

2 Likes

Yeah even if there was helmets I would think a simple wooden X at the top would do. Simple in the manufacturing so there is a place to rest the heavy equipment. X as in on the horizontal plane. Just enough to fit a helm and keep it still.

then again the post itself would have been fine since you wouldn’t need to have it in perfect form. It isn’t like it is a hall of knight armor, however just a square piece or X shape or + shape on the horizontal plane could do the same. Small and not the same size of the head, as it would be at the tip of the post.