Am I doing something wrong with Herbalist?

So I have coarse bandages, small healing tonics and a herbalist but my footman is constantly injured. Am I missing a command or an option that’ll allow the footman to use those/ to be healed?
It would make leveling the herbalist to a cleric so much easier if they actually used what I have them craft. Currently I just sell my tonics to every merchant that stops by so that more potions can be made (I use the maintain option).
I guess what I’m saying is, am I doing something wrong or is this just the current mechanics?

1 Like

Current mechanics. The herbalist currently is underpowered as hell and what most people do is make like 15 potions and rush to the cleric, who is op as fuck in keeping everyone alive.

2 Likes

Hm kinda annoying XD tired of my footman being grumpy because he has a scratch. Well thanks for the answer! I’ll just keep selling them then

the herbalist use their items but only for serious injuries and knocked out heartlings :confused:

2 Likes

The herbalist is less about healing and more about making potions to burn for fighting raids or speeding up your hearthlings that are looting distant camps.

Set your herbalist to keep a stock of some stamina and strength potions to fight off raids faster and with less soldiers. Keep energy potions to speed up how fast your hearthlings walk. They last 3 hours and when I’m building them I burn these potions around the clock. At only five flowers to craft they are cheap and useful. In fact, if all herbalists did was craft this potion I still think they’d be one of the most useful classes.

3 Likes

Hm interesting point. I always have those potions stocked but for some reason I’ve always avoided using them. Probably that whole “better save it for when I really need it” kinda deal. I’ll have to try using them more often in this new save!
Nice lookin build btw

That ui button for potions, with a timer… Oh i would love to have that!! I love using potions, but the system is not optimized.

Make a number of potions… make the hearthlings place them somewhere, so they are easy to find when needed (combat) then during combat, pause the game, so you can move the camera over to your potionspot, click on the potion. Then click again on the use button in the ui… go back to the figthingarea with your camera, unpause the game… wait a while, maybe selecting a hearthling and hover the mouse over the buff to see how long you have left on the potion, while clicking back to the partyflag, so you can tell them to focus on taking down that healer first! Go back to the hearthling, to see that the potion, ran out, select that one footman, that decided to take on the koboldarcher alone, while the rest of the team went after the second kobold archer, that ran in the oposite direction and therefor the cleric cant heal the single footman… Who dies… Oh pause the game, go back to the potions, select one, then click the button in the ui… go press the rescuebutton on the downed footmans ui… Unpause the game, and so forth… hahaha Ohhh we where talking about the herbalist right? sorry about that sidetrack :fire: :jubilant:

Better order some more potions then, so i cant repeat it all over again… :heartpulse:

3 Likes

I’m still wanting to make it so hearthlings hold their own potion and use it when needed but haven’t found the time yet…

3 Likes