We’ve identified a few bug fixes and enhancements that we don’t want to wait to get in your hands (since the first unstable release of Alpha 17 is soon… but not that soon). So probably the last update to Alpha 16. But never say never again, and all that.
For the moment, this release is only on our Steam latest (unstable) branch. We will move it to the stable branch after a short evaluation period.
- Fixed crash when trying to load a game again after having already loaded a game
- Fixed bug that prevented scaffolding from being built for slabs after game load
- Fixed two bugs that caused combat units to ignore enemies
- Fixed melee units not moving to defend a location while in combat
- When defending a location, units will leave their post to go eat and sleep. You might want to put food and beds near their defense point.
- Fixed bugs that were slowing down pathfinding
- Fixed a few placement direction indicators that were off center
- Fixed two bugs that caused mining zones not to be mined
- Fixed General’s Gong recipe taking the wrong ingredient
- Ranged units will now kite their enemies
- Improved target selection code. Hearthlings will now focus fire at enemies that are low on health.
- Changed sound effects for cleric healing
- Trapping grounds can now be placed on mountains. The spawn rate on mountains is lower though.
- Mining zones now have a max size of 40. You can still merge them to create larger zones though, but this is not recommended for performance.