Alpha 16 Updated to release-559

May be the command could be split in two.
Defend, the way it works now. Intended for long term or permanent use.
And Muster, for short term use. The way it worked before.

What do you think?

Have Fun, Kyth

2 Likes

love the idea! i can see muster as being a helpful command, especially if it was expanded to be used on more than just military hearthlings… oh so many times my town has been invaded and mustering to the safety banner did my little guys no good…

1 Like

Hi there,

Has this been a problem with all the sheep or just the first ones? There was a recent change in the files where we cleaned up effect paths to use aliases. It sounds like it is using the old sheep.json file which references the changed effect path. Also, are you using any mods?

Yeah, this would be the way to go. (I think this is what many people suggested even) like the idea, +1

I’d also like to see soldiers automatically carrying some food in their backpacks. On Hard difficulty in the later game so many enemies pop up that just marching your soldiers around the map to fight them all can cause some significant hunger.

3 Likes

That’s also a very good idea.

Have fun, Kyth.

I like that. Something like MRE’s or combat rations and only for combat units. Cannot rot but one ration will have enough servings for 48 hours or the unit is able to hold onto that many units without sacrificing their default backpack size.

Something for after the alpha when core concepts are done.

Thanks for getting back to me. I am running the cafe mod. The sheep are my orig sheep. Should i gasp kill them off and try a new batch?

I think it’s actually the yaks (their file references a renamed file). I’ll put in the fix for the next build so that the effect will still be compatible with these mods.

I think one change i’d like to see is people when they become hungry, finish their current task before going to get food. The problem being someone walks far out to pickup an item, gets hungry and returns all the way back without anything to show for it. As long as they are coming back they might as well finish carry the item with them. No crafting or hauling tasks are so long as to where a person should be delayed in an extreme way from eating. whereas it makes sense if they are in the middle of doing something to finish it.

1 Like

thanks for the quick attention! i have to say, i love how responsive and involved all of the radiant team is.