Alpha 11 - Undo function in housing construction will break the editor

Its happening quite frequently… when I accidentally placed a wrong tile, undo will break the editor. While follow-up undos seems to work just fine, I can no longer put down a new tile or blueprint without having to restart the entire client.

2 Likes

Hello @Myrdeen, sorry for the late reply.

Just to confirm, you mean that the undo button works, but after using it the building editor won’t let you place anything new?

I have experienced the same thing. I accidentally placed a wall lantern in the wrong place. So I hit undo, and instead of removing the lantern I had just placed, it removed the roof I had previously placed O.o I placed a new lantern in the two squares adjacent and to the left of the one I wanted to remove and an error message popped up (sorry no longer in my clipboard but will capture next time I see it). I believe maybe it’s intended two lanterns can not be side-by-side, but it allowed it to be put there, then crashed. I saved the design as a template, however when I later looked at my template list, the new design is not in the list (maybe like Myrdeen said, the editor crashed and didn’t save my template).
(new users can not post screenshots)

Question: How do I remove the lantern that is in the wrong place?

Fun game guys, keep up the good work! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, the undo button does what it does, but it also has a possibility that it will break the building editor.

I have stopped using the undo since… using the eraser instead.

1 Like