Alpha 10 Unstable Branc Memory Leak

Game kept on crashing on me. Stonehearth took more than 5,000,000 mb of RAM.

Possible memory leak.

Yes, it’s a memory leak. The team’s currently looking into its causes and possible solutions for longer gameplay.

3 Likes

Whoa, how did you respond so fast? Is this an automated messaging machine?

was 2 minutes apart :stuck_out_tongue:

no hes probably like me and always has a discourse tab open when hes on :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

I’m always watching.

4 Likes

Could you share your build that has 5 terra bytes of ram? I’d be interested in how you did that.

3 Likes

Nerd.

Magic. obviously 1,25TB sticks, 4 of em easy

But Yeah on my 16gb desktop I’ve seen stonehearth get up into the 11GB ranges

1 Like

Whoops. Meant to say 5+ gb in RAM. Wish I had a laptop from the future though. Didn’t realize ‘kb’ to ‘mb’ would devastate my statement so completely.

1 Like

I wa just messing with you. I worked IT for a bit and saw that same mistake many a times.

2 Likes

I was working on a Program for a firm, that releases the Memory for servers.
It works for every game Stonehearth to without lag.

If i was allowed to share it i would. :smile:

2 Likes

perhaps you should also give this to my firm :joy: our devs produce with every release some very epic fails -.- xD

1 Like

It would help a lot to make an Automatic memory release in the game, that has a restriction of memory.

In this Gif i recorded I told NovaxMM(Prototype) program that the it should make Stonehearth.exe max use 10000KB (1MB) memory every 15 sec. I have experience that giving it an max of 100000 KB (100MB) memory every 15 sec, Is much better, and the memory will not spike as much. :smile:

1 Like

The Stonehearth.exe will not stop, taking your memory until it is depleted.
Over night it can easy take 11 GB of Ram, if not much more.
Lua does not need all that memory, its Influenced from C++, CLU SNOBOL,Scheme, and Modula.
Its an optimization problem that, Lua is not able to release because mainly Lua collection stacks it.
Lua collectgarbage can be used must of times to resolve any memory issues.
:relaxed:

(Update: Bad spelling)

Oh 11GB was after 3-4hrs…
Not all night

So wait, is there still a major memory leak issue? I thought the recent update eliminated most of that for now. I haven’t played for a few weeks due to schoolwork, so I haven’t been able to check it myself.

2 Likes

I can’t confirm this was ever a problem. My game never uses more than 4gb of ram, even if I want it to.

Do you have activate x64?

If anyone can reproduce this, I would love to have your save to see if we can fix it in house! Thanks.

2 Likes

I run x64 And never have any issues! I get the stutter when my hearthings have to many jobs going on!(tony was talking about it on the stream) But i never have issues with to much mem being used!

2 Likes