reload just fine
Actual Results:

Notes:

Attachments:

Version Number and Mods in use:
alpha 14
System Information:

1 Like

OOO thats a whole lot of ram. Never seen this tho.

1 Like

Oh my, there seems to be a very tiny memory leak! haha, Could you possibly upload your save game so the devs can see it?

Thanks

4 Likes

1454539897354.zip (6.8 MB) have fun

1 Like

Just a small one. Paging @Albert to see this.

3 Likes

I have diagnosed the cause, the dead hearthling goes the settle the big Beyond/Heaven/Skies which is actually your RAM and starts building most lavish city ever, taking all those sweet random access memory resources to do so.

2 Likes

paging @8BitCrab ran into this twice now :(((

Nice! hopefully Radiant can find the cause from this :smiley:

no not nice caused my computer to have a conitption fit and bluescreen

@8BitCrab @jomaxro @sdee @yshan @brad @Tom @Ponder @Relyss A heads-up pass this on to the Devs, I found a root cause of the performance issue on high-end machines (I think).

What I did is I created a new save completely random as I had no intentions of keeping it, place town flag immediately, went to harvest, mine tunnel tool, selected a huge flat area.

As soon as they started to mine the 200 x 400 some odd area the game went to 99%
lua and 3% FPS, the game stayed at 60 fps in camera movement and fluidness.

I thought that was interesting it doesn’t happen with forest clears, it only happens when mining, and it gets worse if you dig several layers deep (like 200 x 300 x 12 downwards).

The game becomes unplayable with one herthing at max range of 1600 x 1200 x 1 deep, in fact it crashes with an unhandled exception, I can attempt to repeat this if you would like for the dance. Just let me know I’m down for serious bug re-creations if necessary Transcribed with Dragon NaturallySpeaking

1 Like