The amount of wood that is used to build a simple room is inconsistent. I’ve noted this in multiple rooms and across multiple plays. Sometimes the final cost of a simple room will be 5 wood or so, sometimes 10. Sometimes I’ll even have more wood than I started with, without cutting down trees or additional stockpiling.
Steps to reproduce:
- Cut down trees and gather a surplus of wood for multiple simple rooms. (I gather about 100 or so)
- Make note of total wood stockpiled.
- Construct a single Simple room, and refrain from gathering any more wood.
- After construction is complete, including removal of scaffolding, make a note of the new total wood stockpiled and compare to original total.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 gathering more data and comparing build costs.
The resource cost of a simple room is consistent and constructing one never provides additional wood resources.
Resource cost for building a simple room vary wildly, and occasionally provide a net gain.
This maybe compounded by a bug with the stockpile counter, but there is also a increase in the actual wood resources within the stockpile.
Versions and Mods:
Alpha release 34