A Tribute to the Giants That Have Built the Community

Oh my god! It’s Steve! I thought you died on a fishing trip in the Bermuda Triangle that went horribly wrong! Well I guess not!

Welcome back aboard @SteveAdamo :smile:

5 Likes

He’s aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiveeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I returned back from my extended break and saw you were no longer around much and it made me sad.
Glad to see you’re alive and well, or back even. I peeked at your youtube channel for signs of life but I’m guessing something came up.

3 Likes

I can’t believe I forgot him until now, thank you to @Pepe for all your voxel art, the awesome Minecraft server, I hope the game you were working on is going well.

@SteveAdamo I thought you stumbled one time to many, I’m glad your back.

Seriously I have thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent with this community. That is why I made this list.

About @Geoffers747, has anyone heard from him?

7 Likes

I believe the map games finally got to him
Everyone. A moment of silence please.
Military trumpet

5 Likes

ahh, yes… my “minor hobby” that ended up sucking the life out of me for about six months … :joy:

I truly did enjoy making the videos, and may very well resume my efforts at some point… but I will need to figure out some method to streamline the process … there just aren’t enough hours in the day!

do not speak of that which must not be spoken of… lest the speaking of said unspoken thing summon @Geoffers747 from his slumber… :imp:

7 Likes

Oh my goodness yes, i agree.

Also, glad to have you back for a bit @SteveAdamo you’ve always been a fantastic (and positive) moderator in this community. Thanks for helping set the tone for friendliness for the years to come.

6 Likes

I quite intentionally avoided the subject of the ‘unspeakable game’ for this very reason. Now that the matter is, shall I say, above the table I feel it is my civic duty to remind you that the unspeakable games have been banished on this website…I would not be surprised if @SteveAdamo is fingering his ban hammer. After all just the mention of ‘those’ words…

A thank you should also go out to those YouTubers who have helped the game spread in popularity. Especially @paulsoaresjr and @generikb. I personally found the game through Paul.

5 Likes

Well, it’s my civic duty to inform you that we do have the
##Statecraft & Treachery Emergency Site Downage PM
On this discourse. It’s not really an unspeakable game though, just a place for us to gather if our site goes down for unknown reason. Think of it as an area of Refuge for when bad things™ happen on our site

I hope this doesn’t come out as self praise, but I think mention should go out for those who are still around from 2013.

7 Likes

My anniversary is coming up! I joined October 15th, 2013! Three whole years in this awesome community. My has the time flied. I’m glad to have wasted (if the stats are correct) two whole days worth of time on this site. Heck, I wouldn’t even call it waste, because together we’ve definitely been a productive bunch :grinning:

Still haven’t been made a mod, but that’s honestly a good thing. Me with power is a bad idea, like reaaaaaally bad

7 Likes

I think its been these great individuals that has really given a life to the game beyond its sum. I am very grateful to all their help.

7 Likes

Realizing that I’ve been here for three years, I’m starting to think if I’ve ever contributed anything to this community, besides bad jokes

6 Likes

We credit you for ginger hearthlings, of course!

6 Likes

I joined in 2014 and I have 10 days of read time :astonished:

4 Likes

And that is why I gave you special mention @coasterspaul

2 Likes

You can determine total read time on the Discourse? I’ve never checked mine…hmm… (checks)

I never realized that the profile page format changed again! Looks like I have eight days down. So I’d still need almost another full week to catch up to you!

2 Likes

The “Summary” page was added a few months ago. Really nice (in my opinion). You can view anyone’s read time (and other stats) by going to https:discourse.stonehearth.net/users/user_name_here/summary.

2 Likes

I had a tab open on here quite a lot so it reads i have 2 days of read time and that simply isn’t true :stuck_out_tongue:
So it might be worth considering an “away/timeout” feature

Read time isn’t calculated that way…it is based on the number of words you’ve read in posts. Discourse assumes that you can read 500 words per minute, and calculates your total read time based on that. Leaving a tab open means nothing.

2 Likes

well i doubt i read 2 days over the 64 days i been a member!
So i think those number need to be taken with a pinch of salt!