A lot of trouble with new building format

Summary:
When trying to build interior walls with either slabs of walls in a multi story building the hearthlings often can not complete the building. Also the game no longer allows me to place walls or slabs in a building after its completion. (that was how I use to get around pathfinder issues.) I think last time I played was A10 when multi story was kind of new and I was able to do much more with them using various workarounds.

Building is my favorite part of this game and I really hope a solution is found to allow complex builds

Steps to reproduce:

1. design a multi story building where the top is smaller then the bottom or same size with walls inside.
  2. starts the building.
  3. watch as they fumble around forgetting to build the walls or most of the first floor for that matter even when you build ladders to help the pathfinder along.

Expected Results:
A completed building built from the ground up. Built from left to right until the first floor is completed inner walls doors, windows and all before proceeding on building the scaffolding for the second floor. scaffolding should be built at each tier or the building for instance, right flush with the wall and right where either the buildings roof over hangs or where the wall is over hanging if the second floor is larger the the first giving them a path from the outside during the whole process.

Actual Results:
Incomplete buildings

Notes:
I really like this game especially all the new encounters and music. I’m sorry if this comes off as more of a gripe then a report I’m sure your far more frustrated that it doesn’t quite work programming it then me playing it.

Attachments:
NA

Version Number and Mods in use:
A14

System Information:
NA

hey there @WolfTheNinja,

im not really sure if this can be considered a bug, as walls on the inside of houses arent an actual feature at the moment… i guess we can see what @jomaxro thinks.

1 Like

I am honestly not sure :frowning:, sorry @8BitCrab. I agree that interior walls aren’t exactly supported yet, but at the same time using slabs inside the building, or free standing walls shouldn’t break the building. I would suggest uploading any offending buildings to this thread:

2 Likes

During A10 I was able to use walls and slabs as walls or stairs inside buildings by placing them after the main body was built. In A14 this is no longer an option. I’m not sure whats changed specifically but its killed all known workarounds in complex structure building. Any way thanks for the reply I’m just hoping that we see more progress in the development of building because I feel that is the main draw for a kingdom builder game.

I’ll keep in mind reporting failed builds I’m going to try a few more today and see if I can’t get some of my old designs to work.

I am by no means an expert on building design…I’ll admit that I rarely use the designer! Some of our master builders (like @Stoneheartfan and @micheal_handy76_mh, and many more, who I’m failing to think of right now…) might have some better feedback.

2 Likes

Hey!

As already said, interior walls aren’t really supported as of yet, So I think this probably falls under suggestions or the build thread.

However, Just because its currently not supported doesn’t mean its not possible. When building inside its going to make it way more complicated, especially with the glitchy scaffolding currently.

Would you be able to provide screen shots? That’d help or even a building template,

It may be they need you to build a ladder, or a few hundred, I’ve been working with ladders for buildings since I began building, Hearthlings work with hight levels, and if they can’t access a bit they’ll ignore it completely until you find it and fix it for them.

Hope this helped, :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Not fully in the game yet, There is tricks to do.

Design the bottom, add your interior walls and build. then start second floor, If it is giving you trouble, you can slab free build on the top of wall, then add the floor then walls. erase the unneeded floor, using your free slab as a floor then add openings to let hearthlings in. Make sure you roof the top before you erase the unneeded floor.

Also you can now just place walls on top of walls, then use free slab to add the floor in too.

So a step by step of what i do

1 : slab floor
2 : add walls
3 : add interior walls
4: Build it
4.5: Add any decorations in (As it will be difficult to do so when u try and see if you build the whole building)
5: add free slab floor
6: add actual floor
7: add walls on second floor
8: add roof
9: go back and erase the actual floor leaving the edges of free slab, (design the edge to match or make your own design)
10: erase an opening for stairs.
11: Build it
12: add stairs
13: Build it

Careful not to add the stairs in next to walls with free slab, as they wont build the build

4 Likes

thanks for the workaround tips!