A few different bugs on a single save

Summary:
I’ve got a few different bugs on a single save, and I don’t really want to make individual bug reports, as they’re all related to the save.

First bug is that I’ve got a phantom stone pile that won’t place.
The second bug is that I’ve got a castle that gives me a lua error every time I try to place a roof on it. lua error is placed below in "notes"
The third bug is that my workers won’t mine past a certain point. My stockpiles aren’t full, there’s nothing else they won’t do, it’s just that they won’t mine. Save file is attached.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Download save file.
  2. Open save file.
  3. Check the mason’s hut for the first bug, the middle of the field for the second bug, and the mine at slice level 54m for the third bug.

Expected Results:
None of this would happen.

Actual Results:
All of this happens, and it ruins my life. It’s a hard life.

Notes:
lua error for second bug.

release-535 (x64)
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:733: assertion failed!
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'assert’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:733: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:741: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:741: in function 'create_edge_loop_for_wall’
stonehearth/lib/build_util.lua:820: in function ‘calculate_roof_shape_around_walls’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:116: in function ‘_compute_roof_region’
…th/services/client/build_editor/grow_roof_editor.lua:78: in function ‘fn’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:233: in function ‘_get_selected_entity’
…ces/client/selection/entity_or_location_selector.lua:269: in function ‘_on_mouse_event’
…nehearth/services/client/selection/selector_base.lua:115: in function '_mouse_cb’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_capture.lua:49: in function '_dispatch’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:55: in function '_dispatch_input’
stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:12: in function <stonehearth/services/client/input/input_service.lua:11>

Attachments:
Here’s the first bug. Pretty simple, should be easy to fix. The phantom pile is- oh dear. Apparently there are 4. Anyway, the one that isn’t tied to the pile on the masonry bench is the one next to the other 5 placed ones. The three apart from that seem to be tied to that one. Anyway…
http://puu.sh/nJWqY/a53bd1edf6.jpg

Screenshot for second bug:
http://puu.sh/nJWhn/df6a1fae93.jpg

Castle doesn’t have a roof. I try to place one, and… nothing happens.
This is probably because I have used the free standing walls to make the interior of the castle. Can you guys fix that so that walls aren’t tied to those? It would work better for those to be room walls and that the roof only applies to walls that aren’t free standing. Just a suggestion in the middle of a bug report.

Screenshot for first bug:
http://puu.sh/nJWcR/ca49e53a01.jpg
On the left, you have my mine. On the right, you have my lazy workers.

Here’s the attached save file(s).
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-N1AiLmVKKGaXEzSlJJeVdXN3M/view?usp=sharing
Taken from stonehearth>saved_games

Version Number and Mods in use:
It’s on 535.

System Information:
Super fancy.

4 Likes

May you try to play on Alpha 15 and tell us if the bugs are still there?

On the mining aspect, I have found my miners will stop at a certain point. If I removed the mining zone and then reselected using a smaller area or did just a straight line they would go back to mining. They seem to have an issue with complex designs. Also (this was on an earlier version so it may no longer apply) I wanted to dig out an L shaped tunnel in the second level of a mountain which open to the outside on both ends and my miners would not dig it, until I build a ladder so they could reach where the end open up to.

edited for spelling

1 Like

Yeah, all the bugs are still there on the latest version, 537.

1 Like

To follow up on this: mining zones are limited to 4 Hearthlings at a time, so in addition to smaller zones being less “buggy”, if you have a lot of Hearthlings who can mine, more zones = more actively digging Hearthlings.

1 Like