8BitCrab's voxel stuff

@8BitCrab

Here is some cake for your mercenaries. :smiley:
My 2nd creation. I tried to make a plate with a ribeye on it.

cake_table.qb (356.0 KB)

7 Likes

oh lovely! they do get quite hungry out there on the battlefield.

quite the improvement! i look forward to seeing what else you come up with :smile:

Really good! -The Mace looks awesome! Made me think of Sauron (=

1 Like

so i thought i had replied to this earlier, but apparently notā€¦ anyways,

i probably wonā€™t create a thread for my general lore, however i do plan to create a thread for the Dark Templar, for giving bits of lore, showing off the mods progress, etc. it might be awhile before that happens thoughā€¦

2 Likes

@8BitCrab is there a .pal file out there for StoneHearth colors? I am having a hard time trying to get my colors right. I found out that Magicavoxel has 3 .pal (palettes) by defult and a silder bar at the bottom to adjust gradient. But I have not figured out how to make my own palettes and then save it for future use. My objects tend to be brighter overall versus traditional StoneHearth objects.

I looked at the post where @MelOzone made all those lights and saw his palette display and I went to the Paletton website but it does not seem to export to a .pal file.

1 Like

i canā€™t describe it in detail atm, but here are the very basics circled in red,

2: when making my custom paletteā€™s i always use #2 as my base, you donā€™t have to do this, but i find it easier to make custom colors when everything else in the palette is greyscale.

save: clicking this will open a window to save your current color palette to a folder inside magicavoxel.

open: clicking this will open up the paletteā€™s folder, double click one of the paletteā€™s inside to open it.

generally i make my own colors, but if i absolutely need it to be the same colors as a stonehearth model,i simply open one of the official models and save its color palette.

for custom browns go with a grey brown,

obviously the first bar in orange/yellow area, and keep the other two bars in general circled (squared?:stuck_out_tongue:) area. i just used brown as an example as when i first started i had a lot of trouble with itā€¦ but a general rule for stonehearth is tone your colors down.

3 Likes

Try making king Dresmond with white/grey hair? Iā€™d love to see him like that. Great models as always, Iā€™d love so much to play as Dark Templars in the game :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Loving the stuff so far! Keep it up, canā€™t wait to see more! :smiley:

1 Like

iā€™ve actually changed his hair to be more a grey color since i first showed him off, but havenā€™t changed enough to feel him worth showing off, but when i get some free time iā€™ll see about getting a quick picture.

It doesnā€™t. Iā€™ll try to explain briefly and simplified. I do it with a bit of manual work.
Basically every palette color can be described as a combination of R(ed), G(reen) and B(lue) components.
https://discourse.stonehearth.net/uploads/short-url/3mpnvnFatd9DgnNCSmyR5WzCmDt.png
Here at 8BitCrabā€™s pic are the sliders. Below them is the RGB value of the selected color (in this case itā€™s 97 85 63). This field is editable: you can put in it your own values separated by space. After pressing [Enter] the color of the palette is overwritten using new values.
Paletton has a Tables/Export button that shows all the selected colors in HTML and RGB formats. All thatā€™s left to do is insert RGB value for the color into your palette.

My palette can be loaded into Magica with ā€œOpenā€ command, it already has most (but not all) vanilla SH colors.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, I had just been looking at that. where you can manually type in those numbers and the fact that the Paletton website gives you those numbers.

I had become confused thinking I needed a .pal file, when it was actually a .png of the colors that you could manually configure.

1 Like

alright, hereā€™s what Dresmond currently looks like, as you can see, only difference is the greyed hair,

also, hereā€™s a WIP model for decorative clocks,

might not be finished/added thoughā€¦,.

15 Likes

Love it!

Is that clock going to be the full or the iconic version? Looks good for iconic. Itā€™d be really cool if you could sync up the clocks with the world time though.

2 Likes

Keep up the great stuff 8bit :smiley:

3 Likes

itā€™s my first pass at the full/normal version, but iā€™ll probably end up using it for the iconic once i have a better model for the normal size :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah, unless you plan on fully making a straight up mod with a theme and everything many of the models just seem to end up lifeless. Lore makes the models really ā€˜come to lifeā€™. Great idea though. :wink:

3 Likes

So I saw this and thought: What about using a watchmakers 4? aka: IIII instead of IV it creates more balance in the numbers placement

3 Likes

Ah, the old ā€œ4 with I, 4 with V, and 4 with Xā€?

Iā€™d definitely like to see it for comparison.

1 Like

well i could, but then if a liked it i would have to update the mods filesā€¦ and i donā€™t want to have to update the mods files :laughing:

1 Like

Oh hey, this thread exists. Have my Likes, have all my Likes~