8BitCrab's voxel stuff

this is my current Rune Stone Wall Brazier model,

not overly happy with its design…would love some input and/or ideas from you guys!

10 Likes

I think my only issue with it is the fact that it seems to round vs the other ones yah know what I mean?

1 Like

You could try giving it 4 legs instead of two. And I’m with @Simica_Na, it feels round and too narrow at the top.

Have fun, Kyth.

1 Like

Now we need elves :smiley:

1 Like

i Love that Fire Blade nice done.

1 Like

thanks for the input guys, i’ll be redoing it later, and hopefully i’ll be able to get something better.

edit:

alright, here’s my new design for the wall brazier,

it’s based off of the clay wall lamp, not sure i like it though…

also, here’s what the normal (ground) brazier looks like for comparison.

10 Likes

What is the name on the voxel tool you er using and are that det same one as the dev uses?

i am trying to make the steel shield look a littel bit diffent and hop that i am not doing somting that i are not allowed to do.

1 Like

hey there @Danish_Casual_Gamer, just moved your post over to my modeling thread itself,

sadly i don’t have the money for Qubicle, so i use MagicaVoxel for all my models, although for anything that require multiple matrices i use Voxelshop

hope that helps answer your question.

Okay I wasn’t sure where to put the post so thanks. About the voxel okay haven’t heard about thouse programmes I was thinking about buying, but only if that was the same programme.

1 Like

so, using the ogre as a base, i made a cyclops,

as you can probably tell, not too much was changed other than the color, but i’m still really happy with the difference. although i probably won’t release it to the public, i think i’ll be using this for a simple mod.

edit:

every ogre needs a cave,

after making the cave i just had to put them together.

also, here’s another ogre variant i made,

the fire ogre, he has a tail, but you can’t see it from this angle.

26 Likes

making the fire ogre reminded me of something else i’ve been meaning to make for quite awhile now,

Hellboy!

as you might be able to guess this is based off of the Orc model, and it’s still a pretty rough re-model, but i think it gets the idea across well enough for now… also, after taking the picture i realized i totally forgot to add his tail… :neutral_face:

i would love some feedback on this one :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Nice Cyclops Ogre and Hellboy : )

1 Like

@8BitCrab could you do a clock face. I have been wanting to build a clock tower. I downloaded the voxel magic app, but I am still learning how to do it correctly.

I was wanting to do it like a tapestry. Wood ones for the carpenter and stone ones for the mason

Here are some examples I found on google. Also this could be a good idea for anyone else creating a mod.

2 Likes

i’ll look into it :slight_smile: can’t promise that it will be completed though

3 Likes

alright, here’s a rough first pass at the clock face,

the numbers still need a lot of work, but i’m really happy with how it looks overall.

15 Likes

i’m not a fan of double posting, but here’s a second version of the clock,

i’m a lot happier with this version, mainly because the numbers are all the same size, so i’m able to properly line them up a lot easier…

edit: so i’ve started a simple deco mod to add these clocks into the game, as @Geokhan asked, there will be a stone and wooden version for both style of clock faces.

note: the clocks won’t actually work, they’ll just be for looks…

11 Likes

I like the regular number version better as well : ). You could potentially have it animate with the game time… hmm, I wonder if game time is something which is exposed to models and therefore usable… (that would be extremely useful).

1 Like

I love the frist clouk you made. ved the romen numbers. the other one i think is too moden.

@8BitCrab They both look great. This game is the only thing keeping my sanity during this deployment. I really want to get into modding but my current schedule keep me very busy. I have seen you post that you can not afford the full version of Qubicle at this time, if you would like assistance in that area let me know.

Anyway keep up the great work I am very interested in what you have yet to create.

2 Likes

so i posted a picture of a set of armor over here,

and that made me realize i had totally forgotten to post pictures of it over here,

i present to you “The Dark Templar”, a group of mercenary’s who wander the lands looking for towns who could do with a few extra knights. if they find such a town they set up a small war camp and offer their aid to the town, for a price of course… and if the town should refuse? well, lets just say things could become a little messy…

The Scout

for quicker movement scouts only wear a light chestplate and helmet. due to their light armor they don’t engage in close quarters combat very often, however they do tend to use a bow or crossbow

The Footman

wearing full platemail and a plumed helmet, the footman are some of the Dark Templar’s best soldiers. trained in close combat and preferring to wield large two-handed swords, these units make up the bulk of the Dark Templar armies.

The Commander

Easily told apart from all other units by their unique horned helmets and cloaks, Commanders all started out as footmen, but after years of fighting and surviving the toughest of wars, these soldiers became commanders of their own Dark Templar war camps. being that they were all footmen once, they too have been trained in close combat and often use two-handers, however it has been said that some of the commanders know black magic…

i could write an entire book about the Dark Templar lore, so i’ll stop now… okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but still… :wink:

originally i planned on putting these guys to use and making my own custom (non playable) faction, with a story arc and all that… but sometimes life decides to make you really busy and stops you from doing those kinds of things :laughing:

when taking these pics i realized i never finished the knight, so i might have to continue working on these guys at a later date…

16 Likes