8BitCrab's voxel stuff

so i posted a picture of a set of armor over here,

and that made me realize i had totally forgotten to post pictures of it over here,

i present to you “The Dark Templar”, a group of mercenary’s who wander the lands looking for towns who could do with a few extra knights. if they find such a town they set up a small war camp and offer their aid to the town, for a price of course… and if the town should refuse? well, lets just say things could become a little messy…

The Scout

for quicker movement scouts only wear a light chestplate and helmet. due to their light armor they don’t engage in close quarters combat very often, however they do tend to use a bow or crossbow

The Footman

wearing full platemail and a plumed helmet, the footman are some of the Dark Templar’s best soldiers. trained in close combat and preferring to wield large two-handed swords, these units make up the bulk of the Dark Templar armies.

The Commander

Easily told apart from all other units by their unique horned helmets and cloaks, Commanders all started out as footmen, but after years of fighting and surviving the toughest of wars, these soldiers became commanders of their own Dark Templar war camps. being that they were all footmen once, they too have been trained in close combat and often use two-handers, however it has been said that some of the commanders know black magic…

i could write an entire book about the Dark Templar lore, so i’ll stop now… okay, maybe that’s a bit of an exaggeration, but still… :wink:

originally i planned on putting these guys to use and making my own custom (non playable) faction, with a story arc and all that… but sometimes life decides to make you really busy and stops you from doing those kinds of things :laughing:

when taking these pics i realized i never finished the knight, so i might have to continue working on these guys at a later date…

16 Likes