64-Bit Stonehearth is crashing

I thought I was having this issue but just let the program run on the black screen for a while. After 5 minutes the game sprang to life and all seemed good… until I clicked the ‘load saves’ button and the game froze for another 5 minutes…

When I open task manager during the freeze, the Stonehearth app keeps jumping between using 4+ GB and less than 1 GB (I only have 8 GB on this system)

The only idea I have is that the new version might be checking my saves? (I have hundreds of save files…)

After reducing my old save files to 5, it still lags when opening the game and recovers after about 10 seconds now.

After removing all the saves and only have new (post 64) saves in the file seems to alleviate the lag completely.

Windows 8.1 64-bit
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU
8.00 GB Ram

2 Likes

working fine here:

Win 8.1 Enterprise
i7-4770 (quad)
16GB RAM

1 Like

intel Core i5 2400 CPU,

4.00 GB Ram
64 Bit OS, (win 7)

Is it working for you?

I got the black screen of death so I did what @deakon did and uninstalled, got rid of the old files, reinstalled and I am doing good so far.

1 Like

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still no luck. Black screen and crashes as soon as i load the game.

Win 8.1 Enterprise
i7-4770 (quad)
16GB RAM

Its just came out so its gonna be unstable for awhile so maybe people are just getting lucky with it, plus everybody has a different type of computer/laptop so its gonna work differently

Steam 64bit not opening for me. Did complete removal of local files and let game reinstall. It simply won’t run. DXDIAG information attached.

DxDiag.txt (71.9 KB)

I soooooo want this to work! Please! I love this game!chromium.log|attachment (29.3 KB) stonehearth.log (3.7 KB) gfx.log (3.6 KB)

working fine for me

windows 8.1
amd fx-8350
gtx 660
ram 8gbs

Its working for me. But a few times while saving game or loading a game, Stonehearth stops responding for a few sec and then works :smiley: Thank you guys so much for the quick release :smiley:

Agree with @moe deleted all save games and startup lag seems to be gone.

Running x64 bit build 2133 from steam. Windows 7, Intel i7-2600k with nvidia geforce 580

same issue here - spec:

Windoof 8.1 6.3 Build 9600
12 GB Ram,
AMD Phenom II X6 ~2,7 GHz (without overclocking),
AMD HD Radeon 5700 Series

Coming from someone who has no idea what he is doing, whenever i click run i notice that it creates a stonehearth log after it crashes so i clicked on that and it says alot of bad things about not finding paths for lua scripts

2015-Feb-05 02:56:29.945358 | client | 1 | lua.code | could not find path for lua script “lualibs/unclasslib.lua”.
2015-Feb-05 02:56:29.945358 | client | 1 | lua.code | could not find path for lua script “modules/common.lua”.
2015-Feb-05 02:56:29.945358 | client | 1 | lua.code | could not find path for lua script “modules/timer.lua”.

is this related? or just a seperate bad thing xD

oh and im modless

tried the erasing and redownloading ,didnt work for me and my black screen of death is only a few seconds before it just closes itself so i cant watch what happens afterwards

1 Like

i can add this error massage:

could not find path for lua script “stonehearth/stonehearth/lib/entity_forms/entity_forms_lib.lua”

stonehearth.log (3.7 KB)

Is everyone that is having issues using AMD graphics cards?

Looks like you’re right–I suspect I know what the issue is, and we can verify pretty easily. If you know how to, edit your user_settings.json file, it should look like the following:

{
   "user_id" : "98b39b32-3386-11e4-a06e-902b3450324f",
   "renderer" : {
      "disable_pinned_memory" : true,
      "enable_ssao" : false,
      "enable_shadows" : false,

Add that line, “disable_pinned_memory” : true, to the “renderer” block, as shown above, and then run stonehearth.

3 Likes

Mine says C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stonehearth\x64\stonehearth.json does not exist. And the 32- bit is just a black screen

this doenst help ^^ but nice idea ^^

i tried to add this also to the stonehearth.json - also negativ

and for bacman12: i tried the use the normal stonehearth.json in the x64-folder but i get after some minutes from steam only the answer stonehearth is already on ^^

That’s exactly what is did here

1 Like

Good try! Didn’t work. Logs attached.

chromium.log (96.9 KB)
gfx.log (3.6 KB)
stonehearth.log (3.7 KB)

{
“user_id” : “f3226f6e-acda-11e4-ab32-00ff48e9145d”,
“collect_analytics” : true,
“alpha_welcome” : {
“hide” : true
},